• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Allergan files lawsuit against Valeant and Pershing Square

Oh dear God, how sweet that would be! I will feel bad for the VRX employees when the house of cards collapses--it's MP's fault that this is happening, not theirs--but it's Ackman's empire that I will really enjoy watching sink into the sea. I know that it won't really end up this way, but in my head, the thought of Billy Hackman losing everything and being reduced to the level of the very people whose lives and jobs he has toyed with...it just gives me the warm fuzzies inside. If he ends up charged with any form of malfeasance, all the better.

I think I love you.

Does anyone on here know about the process of this type of lawsuit? With the lawsuit filed does it put the hostile takeover bid on hold until this suit is settled? How long could it potentially stall out further takeover actions?

Does anyone on here know about the process of this type of lawsuit? With the lawsuit filed does it put the hostile takeover bid on hold until this suit is settled? How long could it potentially stall out further takeover actions?

I'm not a lawyer, but my take is that this is a civil case and court can't stop the bid. But it might tie up SEC approval (if it gets that far).