• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Abbvie- Sweet Company

This is a mature organization. Span of control is way to small. Half DM and Rms should be cut out. Retain rep and AE structure. Cut out VIR cross over.

Eliminate or significantly reduce rep ride alongside as well. When managers travel with device reps, do they give feedback on how to hold the ipad? Come on. It needs to be about action plan, next steps and execution to sales goals.

And to that end, managers need to sign up for their financial commitment. Just like device. Sign up and sell. If you cannot make your numbers, like the rest of the selling world, you will exit stage left.

Cannot sell stents due to long term contracting in territory hospitals. Stay for salary or leave. Choice is yours. Another will be hired. There is a lot of turnover, but Medtronic and Stryker seem to do ok selling 15k plus devices.

Can you please articulate for me in detail WHY there is a need for an AE in addition to a sales representative??? I really want someone to explain to me WHY an AE whose pay salary is significantly more than a reps salary is warranted at all? My customers are telling me that they do not want to interact with the AE anymore...just me...they want their contact with Abbvie to be streamlined and simple because they do not have time to have appointments with all these different people who are basically discussing things they do not care about....help me understand???

you nailed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most reps are afraid to call Louie's baby ugly because they know how he will REACT!! So we have to resort to cafepharma to be heard. I hope upper management checks this board. Too much dead weight from the beginning AE's, AE mgrs???, HSE...all needing my help to do their jobs!!!!

Quote: I think it is obvious, not just that they have no need for us but my drs are pissed. They feel we are trying to take choice away from them and choose a regimen they don't prefer. One of my big KOL's said he will only work with an SP that is willing to keep appealing ES until he gets Harvoni and won't consider us now in other patient types or plans. Other companies hate us now too, not just Gilead. It was a very shortsighted move to get us at best 65% only in ES patients. That equals a 6 % national MS. It shows that Gonzo knows our regimen sucks. I don't care what some idiot MS says."

Oh boo-hooooo... "other companies hate us"..... the sky is falling ..... how can we survive if other companies hate us.

Who gives a flying fart about the thoughts of "other companies ". We just need to continue to sell like crazy, and leave them behind.

Quote: I think it is obvious, not just that they have no need for us but my drs are pissed. They feel we are trying to take choice away from them and choose a regimen they don't prefer. One of my big KOL's said he will only work with an SP that is willing to keep appealing ES until he gets Harvoni and won't consider us now in other patient types or plans. Other companies hate us now too, not just Gilead. It was a very shortsighted move to get us at best 65% only in ES patients. That equals a 6 % national MS. It shows that Gonzo knows our regimen sucks. I don't care what some idiot MS says."

Oh boo-hooooo... "other companies hate us"..... the sky is falling ..... how can we survive if other companies hate us.

Who gives a flying fart about the thoughts of "other companies ". We just need to continue to sell like crazy, and leave them behind.

Speaking of flying farts providers don't give a flying fart about your drug either.

Most reps are afraid to call Louie's baby ugly because they know how he will REACT!! So we have to resort to cafepharma to be heard. I hope upper management checks this board. Too much dead weight from the beginning AE's, AE mgrs???, HSE...all needing my help to do their jobs!!!!

Who cares about Louie!! He is TOAST!!

Who cares about Louie!! He is TOAST!!

I really hope that is the case! I do not care for him one bit ... He comes across as arrogant and as a used car salesman. All of his presentations at our meetings and his stupid webcasts and videos reeked of insincerity and phoniness.

He really needs to go somewhere else ... Like other than Abbvie.... so he doesn't lead anymore groups of people into the ground. He's terrible!

Look, managers and the marketing morons back in the home office have learned that the more layers you have, the more security they have, and the less accountability they need. No one is going to make any changes that means a true reduction in head count unless upper management brings in new blood to do the job of a re-org. The shell game continues as long as the profits are there. Bottom line, it all roles down hill to the rep n the field to do the job or get canned.