• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Abbvie Stock

Ricky will be rewarded with an increase in travel budget

I agree .....He deserves it Too ! Good man that Ricky He worked his way up the Ladder at Abbott and then did uncle miles a big favor by running a spin off that was dumped because of high RD costs and products facing patent expiration and generic competition....... Miles isn't dumb .....you'll find out soon........Abbvie is trying to get acquired...Pfizer and others are taking a close look

I agree .....He deserves it Too ! Good man that Ricky He worked his way up the Ladder at Abbott and then did uncle miles a big favor by running a spin off that was dumped because of high RD costs and products facing patent expiration and generic competition....... Miles isn't dumb .....you'll find out soon........Abbvie is trying to get acquired...Pfizer and others are taking a close look

Your're delusional... who wants to buy a Volkswagen ??

No. Harvoni will not. Mercks drug will get the same warning.

This is nothing but a losing proposition is the short term. With low market penetration, your opening statement is going to be about this? Gilead in the drivers seat and if I was selling, well, why even talk about unless I was trying to convert really tough customers.

The warning speaks for itself. We saw this before....niapsan, tricor, trilipix, depakote, Synthroid......once an idea gets into your mind that s product is unsafe, providers veer away. This will take time and positive results to get through.

I know HCV leadership knew this atomic bomb was going to hit. That could be a reason why they decided to suggest HIV, depakote, and Zemplar reps faze out by the end of the year. This news is going to be like trying to sell Niaspan and Androgel after their negative news hit. Any way you slice it - sales at HCV will be affected. So much so that a significant layoff could loom by beginning of next year... In HCV. At that point - both metabolic and HCV should be downsized to bare bones. AbbVie will need to help their ship from sinking further - these two divisions and all the unnecessary "overlay" rep positions in Humira will be cut. Watch it happen!

Time for heads to roll!! Our retirement $s are in jeopardy with the "bozos" running our company!! Abbvie Retirees United

You are absolutely correct! I have to delay my early retirement until the stock recoups back to near $70 per share. Analysts are predicting that will happen within the next six months. Let's hope they're right this time around.

Only way we get to $70 is for a buyout threat (Gilead, Pfizer, AZ). The launch of VPak is probably the WORST in Abbott/Abbvie history! Whoever is in charge needs to be FIRED!! Miles White was great about performance and employment! It appears RG is clueless or just doesn't care anymore. In the past, we would not even launch a "bow Wow" like VPak - - - Who said yes to a BID, multi-pill, ritonavir toxic regimen??? Shame on the management team!! Abbvie Retiree Lobby

Only way we get to $70 is for a buyout threat (Gilead, Pfizer, AZ). The launch of VPak is probably the WORST in Abbott/Abbvie history! Whoever is in charge needs to be FIRED!! Miles White was great about performance and employment! It appears RG is clueless or just doesn't care anymore. In the past, we would not even launch a "bow Wow" like VPak - - - Who said yes to a BID, multi-pill, ritonavir toxic regimen??? Shame on the management team!! Abbvie Retiree Lobby

Agreed! When are the leaders of this division going to get the boot? Almost everything they have touched has turned to shit. Where's the true accountability? I shouldn't be surprised though - Abbvie praises bad behavior and stupidity so these guys will probably get to stay and continue to make all of our lives in this division miserable. FML!

Agreed! When are the leaders of this division going to get the boot? Almost everything they have touched has turned to shit. Where's the true accountability? I shouldn't be surprised though - Abbvie praises bad behavior and stupidity so these guys will probably get to stay and continue to make all of our lives in this division miserable. FML!

Put Haas at the top of the needs to be gone list, such a tool!