• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Abbvie Stock

be looking for the AASLD to address this new FDA warning letter on Viekira Pak and Technivie. I'm sure they will update the guidelines to really be specific on the correct patient types to use both medicines for. If these two drugs "killed" patients whom they were indicated for / then the AASLD and IDSO would pull both medicines from its guidelines immediately. If they don't pull them - it's because they'll research and find these drugs were prescribed to patients they were NOT indicated for. Period... End of story!

What is the liability if any of the deaths were due to ExpressScripts only allowing VPak for treatment?

Express Scripts is a HUGE PBM and they would be so stupid to approve a prescription for a patient on VP or Technivie where it was not indicated. You have to submit Lab values and scans to prove which fibrosis level you are as well as physical signs of decomponsation - Ascites - Varices - DIRECT elevated bilirubin - jaundice etc. VP and Technivie are NOT indicated for such patients and the PI for Technivie says indicated only for non cirrhotics. i can assure you Express scripts would NEVER allow this to happen. Now having said that, 10 of the 26 reported cases were from Europe and were in patients in a program that received both medicines before they were FDA approved - so guidance on appropriate patient types who should be prescribed both medicines were not followed and patients received these drugs when they shouldn't have received them.

our stock is coming back up. Up is a good direction ... If our HCV drugs were "killing" the patients they were indicated for ... That wouldn't be happening... Soooo chill....

80% total RIF in HCV in next year ...... Get ready to actually have to work for a living SOON

Who are you to tell the HCV franchise that we don't work? You have NO clue at all on how difficult this disease state is. You're probably from some other division who doesn't do a quarter of the things we have to do to survive in this market. Do you know what it's like to sell a drug second to market, one that is easy and everyone loves, who's commercials play non stop throughout the day, selling a drug in the WORST launch this company has ever had which resulted in hardly any managed care wins, who's leadership has thei heads so far up there ass it's unbelievable, leadership that cuts off all the positive things we have to offer right before the end of the year - this division has to be the poorest run division out of the whole bunch at this company. i don't think any other division works with specialty pharmacies as much as we do. Retail pharmacy is EASY! This job is multi faceted and you're by yourself! No counterparts, no PODS, no partners. You do all the work yourself and there's no one to hide behind or work off coat tails. You walk in my shoes for a week and then tell me how I don't "work". All of us HCV reps are SICK of other divisions putting us down and blaming us for all of Abbvies losses. If you don't get your profit sharing like you hoped for - don't blame the reps - we are working our asses off everyday - blame the heads of this division for turning everything they touch into shit!

Who are you to tell the HCV franchise that we don't work? You have NO clue at all on how difficult this disease state is. You're probably from some other division who doesn't do a quarter of the things we have to do to survive in this market. Do you know what it's like to sell a drug second to market, one that is easy and everyone loves, who's commercials play non stop throughout the day, selling a drug in the WORST launch this company has ever had which resulted in hardly any managed care wins, who's leadership has thei heads so far up there ass it's unbelievable, leadership that cuts off all the positive things we have to offer right before the end of the year - this division has to be the poorest run division out of the whole bunch at this company. i don't think any other division works with specialty pharmacies as much as we do. Retail pharmacy is EASY! This job is multi faceted and you're by yourself! No counterparts, no PODS, no partners. You do all the work yourself and there's no one to hide behind or work off coat tails. You walk in my shoes for a week and then tell me how I don't "work". All of us HCV reps are SICK of other divisions putting us down and blaming us for all of Abbvies losses. If you don't get your profit sharing like you hoped for - don't blame the reps - we are working our asses off everyday - blame the heads of this division for turning everything they touch into shit!

Then Man up and QUIT if you don't like it ...If you're so good why aren't you advancing your career instead of crying like a bitch on a message board You probably are horrible at sales and deep down you know you couldn't cut it at ANY company That's why you work in HCV
You were stupid enough to believe the lies and false projections Management fed you.
You fell for it hook line and sinker Sorry but sound real weak IMO

The key takeaway is this: Physicians didn't want to write VCrap in the first place but were forced to by managed care. Now, if you don't think this give providers ammunition to fight back against said companies to get Harvoni approved...then you're just not paying attention. I feel bad for you guys that you're stuck with this turd. Some great reps are getting kicked in the teeth everyday, and this will only make it worse. The good news is there are great companies out there and openings come about. So, don't sacrifice a single relationship over Vcrap as you'll need them for the next real job. Good luck!

search

The key takeaway is this: Physicians didn't want to write VCrap in the first place but were forced to by managed care. Now, if you don't think this give providers ammunition to fight back against said companies to get Harvoni approved...then you're just not paying attention. I feel bad for you guys that you're stuck with this turd. Some great reps are getting kicked in the teeth everyday, and this will only make it worse. The good news is there are great companies out there and openings come about. So, don't sacrifice a single relationship over Vcrap as you'll need them for the next real job. Good luck!

Point well taken! Thanks for not being an asshole like the above poster who thinks they know everyone and everything.

Express Scripts is a HUGE PBM and they would be so stupid to approve a prescription for a patient on VP or Technivie where it was not indicated. You have to submit Lab values and scans to prove which fibrosis level you are as well as physical signs of decomponsation - Ascites - Varices - DIRECT elevated bilirubin - jaundice etc. VP and Technivie are NOT indicated for such patients and the PI for Technivie says indicated only for non cirrhotics. i can assure you Express scripts would NEVER allow this to happen. Now having said that, 10 of the 26 reported cases were from Europe and were in patients in a program that received both medicines before they were FDA approved - so guidance on appropriate patient types who should be prescribed both medicines were not followed and patients received these drugs when they shouldn't have received them.

I'm not sure if I'm buying it.

I'm not sure if I'm buying it.

Well a provider would be at fault for providing inaccurate data to the insurance company to make sure their patient got approved even when they knew they were pushing the limits by having this patient on our treatments to begin with. Example - a provider/staff fudges the paperwork to make it look like the patient is good to go with our indications, but they're really actually sicker. Because providers don't want to fight insurance companies for coverage could they do this? Maybe, but most providers know which patients shod be on VP and Technivie and if they were de compensated they would do a medical exception to have Harvoni instead based on their indication. That's done all the time and insurance plans know that ... It's still an ordeal on whether they would approve treatment or not and that's where a doc/staff may push the limits by forcing a patient to take our meds instead of waiting for Harvoni to be approved. In this case an insurance company could fight back.

be looking for the AASLD to address this new FDA warning letter on Viekira Pak and Technivie. I'm sure they will update the guidelines to really be specific on the correct patient types to use both medicines for. If these two drugs "killed" patients whom they were indicated for / then the AASLD and IDSO would pull both medicines from its guidelines immediately. If they don't pull them - it's because they'll research and find these drugs were prescribed to patients they were NOT indicated for. Period... End of story!

Some of the decomps were in patients who were not decomped at baseline.

Express Scripts is a HUGE PBM and they would be so stupid to approve a prescription for a patient on VP or Technivie where it was not indicated. You have to submit Lab values and scans to prove which fibrosis level you are as well as physical signs of decomponsation - Ascites - Varices - DIRECT elevated bilirubin - jaundice etc. VP and Technivie are NOT indicated for such patients and the PI for Technivie says indicated only for non cirrhotics. i can assure you Express scripts would NEVER allow this to happen. Now having said that, 10 of the 26 reported cases were from Europe and were in patients in a program that received both medicines before they were FDA approved - so guidance on appropriate patient types who should be prescribed both medicines were not followed and patients received these drugs when they shouldn't have received them.[/QUOTE

Not entirely correct:

1. Insurance company and PBM only requires proof of F4 (fibrosure or fibroscan). If a drug is not recommended, it is the clinician's discretion to use the drug. Under the old label, Viekira was NOT RECOMMENDED in moderate liver disease (CPB). Viekira was only contraindicated in severe liver disease (CPC).

2. 30% of the decomps were in the European Compassionate Care Program (MAP). That is 8 patients.

3. Of the remaining 18 patients, not all of them were decompensated at baseline. The new PI states, "Hepatic decompensation and hepatic failure, including liver transplantation or fatal outcomes, have been reported MOSTLY in patients with advanced cirrhosis. Monitor for clinical signs and symptoms of hepatic decompensation."

Not entirely correct:

1. Insurance company and PBM only requires proof of F4 (fibrosure or fibroscan). If a drug is not recommended, it is the clinician's discretion to use the drug. Under the old label, Viekira was NOT RECOMMENDED in moderate liver disease (CPB). Viekira was only contraindicated in severe liver disease (CPC).

2. 30% of the decomps were in the European Compassionate Care Program (MAP). That is 8 patients.

3. Of the remaining 18 patients, not all of them were decompensated at baseline. The new PI states, "Hepatic decompensation and hepatic failure, including liver transplantation or fatal outcomes, have been reported MOSTLY in patients with advanced cirrhosis. Monitor for clinical signs and symptoms of hepatic decompensation."

Not entirely correct:

Will Harvoni enjoy the same status?