• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Abbvie Culture

What the hell does a college degree have to do with anything?
Tell me what that means?
I don't have a college degree and have rose from the bottom to a high position with high proformence all the way over 30 years. You snot nose little pricks that think your college degree means something to someone, go ra ra yourselves ass holes your stupid mindless fucks.
It's who you are in life, not what left wing crap you went to for 4 years 20 years ago that mean something.

You are correct a degree means nothing. However RG didn't say he had nothing and worked his way up to the top. He instead lied and said he had everything a Undergrad and Masters. To which the SEC filings were also attached. I don't know about you but if I am taking advice from someone, lets say a Dr and I find out he actually has no credentials not even an undergrad. I would go nuts! Now imagine if you were an investor and you had to trust the accolades of this CEO that supposely had an undergrad in X and a MBA in Y wouldn't you be angry if you found out he had neither?

If I said I had a Harvard business degree or Wharton for that matter I would be probably set up at some of the top organizations. I don't so those opportuniites are not open to me.

In the 70s you could equivocate having any MBA with one from those presigious school to today's business enviroment.

So yes a business degree or college education means shit. However lying to get the top does!

So yes a business degree or college education means shit. However lying to get the top does!

Yup. And Gonzo is pushing the same culture downstream. He is trying to mold the company in his image. he will drive this company to the ground. Maybe the board are all massive shorts and are waiting for him to finish the job.

You are correct a degree means nothing. However RG didn't say he had nothing and worked his way up to the top. He instead lied and said he had everything a Undergrad and Masters. To which the SEC filings were also attached. I don't know about you but if I am taking advice from someone, lets say a Dr and I find out he actually has no credentials not even an undergrad. I would go nuts! Now imagine if you were an investor and you had to trust the accolades of this CEO that supposely had an undergrad in X and a MBA in Y wouldn't you be angry if you found out he had neither?

If I said I had a Harvard business degree or Wharton for that matter I would be probably set up at some of the top organizations. I don't so those opportuniites are not open to me.

In the 70s you could equivocate having any MBA with one from those presigious school to today's business enviroment.

We lack integrity!

Once in awhile I will look at this board for a laugh. I am a long time Abbott and Abbvie employee. People bitch and moan all the time that the culture at AbbVie sucks just like they do on all the other company's boards. Face the facts, your job is what you make it. yes I have seen many changes over my time, and many I don't agree with, but it is my choice to work for this company. I work within the rules and it has provided a very nice life outside of work. Has the demands increased over time? Yes they have. All that means I have to work smarter to continue to have a life outside of work. Do I have the same impact on my territory as in years past? No, but that's is because of the restrictions offices making on me, but I can't complain on the bonuses. Cultures are always changing in business and in life. Accept it, embrace it, and work with it to maximize your opportunities. We can all complain about RG not having a degree, but are we just jealous that he got a lot farther than we did without the deploma? I have a few degrees and I wish I had a job that pays more and the money and time back for my degrees. So I guess I too am jealous. For those caught up in the politics of the company and thinking they deserve more from the company, life is to short to worry about things you can't control. Your work should only be the vehicle that allows you to live the life you wants outside of work. If your work is your life, GET A NEW LIFE!!!!!!

We lack integrity!

I am an outside Vendor and was told by some insiders that the reason for the lie about the College degree is so he could sell product and look better. It was dishonest act and I think that he felt he would never get caught and was above the law. It appears he did get away with it. IF anyone at Abbvie lied about College degrees and was caught they would be immediately be terminated. It is funny how he got away with it. My Customer at Abbvie said he lost all respect for the guy

Once in awhile I will look at this board for a laugh. I am a long time Abbott and Abbvie employee. People bitch and moan all the time that the culture at AbbVie sucks just like they do on all the other company's boards. Face the facts, your job is what you make it. yes I have seen many changes over my time, and many I don't agree with, but it is my choice to work for this company. I work within the rules and it has provided a very nice life outside of work. Has the demands increased over time? Yes they have. All that means I have to work smarter to continue to have a life outside of work. Do I have the same impact on my territory as in years past? No, but that's is because of the restrictions offices making on me, but I can't complain on the bonuses. Cultures are always changing in business and in life. Accept it, embrace it, and work with it to maximize your opportunities. We can all complain about RG not having a degree, but are we just jealous that he got a lot farther than we did without the deploma? I have a few degrees and I wish I had a job that pays more and the money and time back for my degrees. So I guess I too am jealous. For those caught up in the politics of the company and thinking they deserve more from the company, life is to short to worry about things you can't control. Your work should only be the vehicle that allows you to live the life you wants outside of work. If your work is your life, GET A NEW LIFE!!!!!!

well said. working for a living stinks, expecting otherwise is just setting yourself up for disappointment. bonus checks, however, are pretty cool.

Tell me what that means?
I don't have a college degree and have rose from the bottom to a high position with high proformence all the way over 30 years. You snot nose little pricks that think your college degree means something to someone, go ra ra yourselves ass holes your stupid mindless fucks.
It's who you are in life, not what left wing crap you went to for 4 years 20 years ago that mean something.

Um, well he lied about having a doctorate, masters, ba. I would say that makes hI'm unqualified to LEAD!

Tell me what that means?

Seems like the only people asking "what does a college degree have to do with anything" are those without one. The rest of us figured it out a long time ago.

Funny you college pukes, schooling has nothing to do with anything except that you are all pro drinkers and think your something really special, what a joke.
Try working for a living instead of making noise.
Your like college sports heroes, five minutes of fame with other college pukes and your reminding everyone about it for the rest of your life.
Try the school of hard knocks ass holes.