• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

"A RSD Commitment"

Anonymous

Letter dated 9/26/07 from an RSD...
if you hear your manager say anything like this "I give you my commitment" start looking for a new job....

"My concern was that you took this comment at face value without considering my past record and behavior of treating you and your colleagues with respect and fairness. I give you my commitment that if I give your district manager direction to address an issue that comes from me I will have a conversation with you before hand. In turn, I ask that you please consider multiple sides of any issue when you hear rumor or hearsay. You and I have worked together for many years and should have a business relationship built on trust and understanding. My hope is that we can rebuild the trust and even strengthen it in years to come."

<

If fostering trust in employees is the quickest way to build up organizational morale, betraying that trust or somehow making it vulnerable is the speediest way to tear it down.