• Fri news: Iterum’s UTI drug. Edwards layoffs. Zenas BioPharma IPO. GSK’s Nucala hits COPD target. Pharma layoff stories. See more on our front page

When is the next restructure?

Steglatro has revolutionized the treatment of diabetes. It is the only reason that we are holding on to the salesforce in primary care. BI,AZ, and Janssen are upset about what Steglatro is doing..
Ran into a AZ rep. They are plenty worried about Steglatro. Latest Gator numbers are nothing short of stupendous. Management says they need to keep all the reps they can to keep the momentum going. Chomp Chomp. What a drug! Saw a piece in the Wall Street Journal stating just how great Steglatro is doing. It is revolutionizing the entire SGLT2 group. Check Gator. You will see how great the company is doing with the brand.

Ran into a AZ rep. They are plenty worried about Steglatro. Latest Gator numbers are nothing short of stupendous. Management says they need to keep all the reps they can to keep the momentum going. Chomp Chomp. What a drug! Saw a piece in the Wall Street Journal stating just how great Steglatro is doing. It is revolutionizing the entire SGLT2 group. Check Gator. You will see how great the company is doing with the brand.
Could not agree more

I was downsized a few years ago when our Immunology division marketing the SLIT(sublingual) tablets was done away with. Our entire division was let go. Actually they were good products but allergists were not going to use them since they were not money makers for them. It actually worked out well since I had over 25 years in with Merck but it is usually better to go out on when you choose yourself. What is going on with the current layoffs/restructering on the chronic care side? Just curious as I don't keep up with all of the changes anymore. Good luck to those that are still left.

I agree. Steglatro is on its way!

Pharmaceutical sales growth for the quarter was partially offset by the ongoing impacts from the loss of market exclusivity for INVANZ (ertapenem sodium), ZETIA (ezetimibe) and VYTORIN (ezetimibe/simvastatin), CUBICIN (daptomycin) and REMICADE (infliximab). In addition, the decline in sales of JANUVIA and JANUMET reflects continued pricing pressure in the United States, which more than offset higher demand globally.

I was downsized a few years ago when our Immunology division marketing the SLIT(sublingual) tablets was done away with. Our entire division was let go. Actually they were good products but allergists were not going to use them since they were not money makers for them. It actually worked out well since I had over 25 years in with Merck but it is usually better to go out on when you choose yourself. What is going on with the current layoffs/restructering on the chronic care side? Just curious as I don't keep up with all of the changes anymore. Good luck to those that are still left.
Sorry old timer, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

Your inane response was guaranteed! It is so predictable that at least one current Merck employee will respond to a question with "old fart" or some other high school term. With the RIF's that have occurred the last few years it is obvious why you may still be employed. Retention is not based on merit as those still around have the lowest salaries and least experience. So you won't be terminated this time either. Of course, we all realize you are a perennial top performer that must be retained to keep Merck afloat. You'll be able to hang out with the rest of the gang and look forward to great salary increases, abundant bonuses, and limitless promotion opportunities.

Big pharma is the sandbox for MBA’s to play in, they make big money as consultants telling lame executives how to run their businesses.
Pharma leadership, being devoid of creative thought and and stuck at the tiet of these consultants, simply continues to follow their guidance and pay them millions. Its really kind of funny unless u are adversely impacted. These guys are the product of perverse academia that thrives in theory and fails in reality.

They will squeeze mother Merck for every dime they can, continue to advise downsizing as their matrix determines oncology is the cash cow. Once that reaches maturity, Merck will become Sears.

I dont care anymore, Im retired and cashed out my pension.

Big pharma is the sandbox for MBA’s to play in, they make big money as consultants telling lame executives how to run their businesses.
Pharma leadership, being devoid of creative thought and and stuck at the tiet of these consultants, simply continues to follow their guidance and pay them millions. Its really kind of funny unless u are adversely impacted. These guys are the product of perverse academia that thrives in theory and fails in reality.

They will squeeze mother Merck for every dime they can, continue to advise downsizing as their matrix determines oncology is the cash cow. Once that reaches maturity, Merck will become Sears.

I dont care anymore, Im retired and cashed out my pension.