Why Adam Schechter is not the next CEO

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Nov 21, 2015 at 11:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Facts and observations. Adam has been great at managing upward for his own career however, sucked at managing downwards....reality and highlights of failures include....starting with the field deployment of computers, debacles with Vioxx, JV Enhance fuck up, Pepcid nominal pricing, Lip/ezi, and all the recent pathetic launch failures.
    Summary of his weakness:
    1. Lacks ability to inspire to change the toxic culture
    2. Prevents new talent nurturing
    3. Distrust....will not address problems so cannot be trusted with feedback
    4. Surrounded by talent pool of losers, suck ups, liars, clueless assholes and of course cronies like Bob McMahon, Craig Granowitz, Riad El Dada, Richard Murray, Sheldon Koenig, Rick Harts, Jay Galeota, Matt Stassburger, Julie Gerberding....therefore no change in culture
    5. Worse nepotism case carrying his brother Dave
    6. Procrastinates and allows for decent, chaos and ambiguity to prevail
    7. Lacks balls and fortitude to get rid of bad apples
    8. Strategic insights lacking for making timely decisions
    9. Cannot build a cohesive team
    10. Lacks candor

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why don't you just quit? People like you are a burden and drag the company down.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I won't quit because I know it annoys backstabbing Koolaid chuggers like you!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is Adam. You really know the guy well.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. A used car salesperson with zero credibility
    12. Has turned into pathologic liar and is incompetent

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Me Dave and I know my brother really well. Yes, Adam is wonderful good leader who saved Merck.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Starting to sound like the Obama administration

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, Adam as the next CEO and Dave the COO.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think it will be Rob Davis. He came in with a lot of cred and not just in Finance.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually the description of Adam sounds very much like Ken. Management musical chairs, with the strategy de jour announced before the prior one has played out. The perfect storm for a total lack of accountability.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So is the point that Ken became the CEO and therefore Adam should also follow him since they represent no change? Such continuity of no change is insanity and a recipe for failure.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why did you assume the writer thought Ken was a good CEO. Nice guy, bright, but has outsourced change to Rodger (who is not doing so well on that front). The point is Adam=Ken= status quo=inertia

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Expand it at it looks like Adam=Ken=Roger=retreads= status quo=inertia=no change=insanity=failures

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I doubt that…they did very well for themselves at Merck considering their ethnicity/religion,
    but Merck has deeply ingrained institutional anti-semitism…

they will not go with the Schecter boys for the top spots…

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have it all wrong, they will not get the top spots because they have made many enemies and are incompetent. I have known both since they came into the company. They came in riding a silver spoon with hidden backer pushing the two. Neither has paid dues in the company so hence enemies abound.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

that too!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Such crap....Adam was backed by David Anstice and Peter Loscher. Adam has one problem that is nepotism.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Adam for sure is the next CEO, these points all great learning experience. He will know how to fix these problems since he will have first hand insights. It is time for Ken to move on.
    Go ADAM and Dave!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The truth be known Mr. Adam comes across as a snake oil salesman that no one trusts.
    I would not buy any snake oil from him for sure.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If Bernie Sanders gets in the Whitehouse, which he won't, then Adam will be CEO for sure.