Wow Xeljanz DM JB bolts for Biotech

anonymous

Just heard about Joe!
Can not believe after 20yrs JB leaves I&I.
He was one of orginal 8 Xeljanz DMs & even Director of Operations for Xeljanz/I&I.
Word is he is going to be a Director w Gilead Biotech's new Immunology Division with a strong revolutionary genetic therapy pipeline in Immunology from recent Galapagos purchase.
Launching the division w clean JAK for bridge into the genetic therapy field of Immunology.

Must have been a hell of a Windfall Package to leave 20 yrs of Pfizer on the table.

Good for him & his family as he was one of the few good ones left.

I am getting ready to leave as well, but beware, Gilead's "regionals" are DMs.

Do a little research before you hype things. They are hiring 15 "Regional Directors" who will each have teams of 8 reps.

Just heard about Joe!
He was one of orginal 8 Xeljanz DMs & even Director of Operations for Xeljanz/I&I.
Word is he is going to be a Director w Gilead Biotech's new Immunology Division with a strong revolutionary genetic therapy pipeline in Immunology from recent Galapagos purchase.
Launching the division w clean JAK for bridge into the genetic therapy field of Immunology.

Must have been a hell of a Windfall Package to leave 20 yrs of Pfizer on the table.

With the pension capped now there is no specific reason to stay; go for pay and security of a newer pipeline.

Has anyone heard any information about the proposed "pay adjustments" that Jeff Lotz discussed on stage in Dallas?
Yes, mini me Trump- Lotz getting approved to bumped any SHR 1 or SHR who makes less than 120k up to the mid pt as Xeljanz has a lot of SHR 1 making 85- 110k . This is the area of focus to get these reps to 120k.
It will not affect SHR 2 or SHR 3 making over 120k.
Time frame is June.

Just heard about Joe!

That's good news for Joe. What a great guy. I'd love to work for him over there.

I worked for Buckley in the past. Just a wonderful great manager who talks strategy & partners w reps for success. He never once mentioned call avg, reach, freq and metric reports marketing wants.

And after 20 plus yrs w Pfizer, it is easy to leave when the financial difference w Gilead is in the millions.
I will go to work for him any day and even for a lateral in pay.
Xeljanz fell off the tracks when added Derm and their VP who came from PC started getting into leadership's head then Xeljanz not only fell off the entire mountain but into a canyon at the bottom of the mountain, when they made poor decision to more than double expansion 2yrs ago that was pushed by marketing (more reps more SOV) and the head of marketing 2yrs ago pushing 270 reps is now VP of Xeljanz . So it will only get worse.

Give me a lateral in TOTAL pay & i will jump to join Buckley at Gilead!

Good for Buckley. He will do great.

10yrs, 20yrs or 40yrs w Pfizer, a 400k a year package is easy decision.
You have to be total moron & just plain stupid while drinking the Pfizer's blue cool aide.

One of the original 8 who started it all.
Made Pfe hundreds of millions & sacrificed his family for Xeljanz. Doesnt even get a proper "thank you", "happy for you" " best of luck".
Just cold silent treatment by Xeljanz.

Gilead got a good one in Mr Buckley! Wonderful person who just wants the people for those he worked with. Too bad it wasnt mutual with Pfizer and Xeljanz.
Just shows you that after 25 yrs and making the company hundreds of millions of dollars, that end of the day no matter who you are, Pfizer just views you as an employee number & zero loyalty to employees!

Joe enjoy your 450k a year- you deserve it!

Made Pfe hundreds of millions & sacrificed his family for Xeljanz. Doesnt even get a proper "thank you", "happy for you" " best of luck".

Gilead got a good one in Mr Buckley! Wonderful person who just wants the people for those he worked with. Too bad it wasnt mutual with Pfizer and Xeljanz.
Just shows you that after 25 yrs and making the company hundreds of millions of dollars, that end of the day no matter who you are, Pfizer just views you as an employee number & zero loyalty to employees!

Don’t think “the send off” would be any different with any other large company. In the end no one is really all that important. Don’t become over invested, it isn’t worth it.

If you are really one of the originals, you are pretty much a dud. Think about it, you could have gone to Amgen with Enbrel but you were rejected. Then you got stuck behind Ed? I've suffered for years under you clowns. John was the only one interested in the sales force and with him gone, it's over. Im not doing a thing until they fire me. F em.

Happy for Joe, one of the good guys.
While the package had to be off the charts, he is just an employee # .
Glad he can make a few million more than Pfizer the next few yrs.

With all the reps and half the DMs applying for other companies, by 2021 most of the great reps before expansion 2yrs ago will be gone. God knows all of them are trying .

Regardless if tenure was 20 yrs or 10 yrs ,
$450k year reasons to kick Pfizer to the curb faster than a lightening bolt! Anybody would for that windfall.

Could not have happened to a nicer person. Pfizer & Lotz did not deserve him.

Money talks.$$$$$

I worked for Buckley in the past. Just a wonderful great manager who talks strategy & partners w reps for success. He never once mentioned call avg, reach, freq and metric reports marketing wants.

And after 20 plus yrs w Pfizer, it is easy to leave when the financial difference w Gilead is in the millions.
I will go to work for him any day and even for a lateral in pay.
Xeljanz fell off the tracks when added Derm and their VP who came from PC started getting into leadership's head then Xeljanz not only fell off the entire mountain but into a canyon at the bottom of the mountain, when they made poor decision to more than double expansion 2yrs ago that was pushed by marketing (more reps more SOV) and the head of marketing 2yrs ago pushing 270 reps is now VP of Xeljanz . So it will only get worse.

Give me a lateral in TOTAL pay & i will jump to join Buckley at Gilead!

No way Gilead offers anything close to lateral. That company pay’s exponentially better than ours - why would you ever take a lateral in pay?

No way Gilead offers anything close to lateral. That company pay’s exponentially better than ours - why would you ever take a lateral in pay?
Yes Gilead's total pay is tremendously more than Pfizer. You would never have to take a lateral.
However, if you did, it would still be worth it given the culture, the people, the pipeline, and the future.