• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Women's Healthcare Division Salary, Morale and Layoffs???

Anonymous

I am a former hospital rep with another pharmaceutical company and am interested in this opportunity with Bayer selling to OBGYNs.

Could someone please give me an idea of what the salary range is in the WHC division?

Also, what are the chances of layoffs in this division within the next 1 to 5 years?

After reading the Bayer board, it seems there are many disgruntled reps in the WHC division. Is it really that bad working in this division and for Bayer?

<

Three layoffs since June 2012, multiple consumer lawsuits against our birth control pills, Mirena is now generic. Oh, I almost forgot that Ken, our head of sales, was recently demoted to a sales rep position.

Let's see, what's left is Skyla, Essure, and no pipeline. No pipeline usually means no future. Morale is bad, as you can imagine.

On the plus side though, we're now all making $100K base, regardless of experience or tenure.

Just because there are jobs posted does not mean there will not be layoffs. Look at our history. Layoffs every year. 3 years running. And we know there will be a realignment in June. There will be displaced people.
AND sales suck across the board. Does not bode well for keeping 300 reps.

Three layoffs since June 2012, multiple consumer lawsuits against our birth control pills, Mirena is now generic. Oh, I almost forgot that Ken, our head of sales, was recently demoted to a sales rep position.

Let's see, what's left is Skyla, Essure, and no pipeline. No pipeline usually means no future. Morale is bad, as you can imagine.

On the plus side though, we're now all making $100K base, regardless of experience or tenure.

And this is exactly where ken should be.

I thought Ken had another position in home office? It was some version of a demotion but I don't remember what to. And did none notice our salary scale is $73k or so to $148k? Look in the pay grade section....is someone in womens health really making 140 for a base????