• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Will we go back to virtual?

If we go back to virtual, we can kiss our jobs goodbye. Nobody is going to support a sales force sitting at home on the computer playing Solitaire.
Imagine the Obesity sales force sitting at home trying to get doctors to jump on a Veeva call to discuss "treating Obesity as a disease." "Yes, my company makes the most efficacious drug to treat Obesity, however, I have to ask you not to write it nor can I get you any samples despite my refrigerator being full of them."

What is the criteria, if any, that would mean the field will have to work virtual? Do you think we will have to go virtual again?
I had two big offices cancel on me today. They aren't even allowing food to be brought in from a caterer. I do however think this surge will be over by October and things may go back to normal after that (at least until January).

If you or anyone else think this is over or slowing down by December I want to let you know you are insane

we as a country keep vaccinating citizens by the hundred of thousands. Each of of these citizens now have a weakened immune system. They also are spreading covid everywhere they go at the same rate as an “ infected” person. So the more we vaccinate the more of a mess we create.

the wise person would tell everyone to live with it. Or let’s treat the sick and not worry about the potential symptomatic or non asymptotic. Treatment when you feel bad.

Please don’t give yourself false hope. This is about to get a lot worse.

If you or anyone else think this is over or slowing down by December I want to let you know you are insane

we as a country keep vaccinating citizens by the hundred of thousands. Each of of these citizens now have a weakened immune system. They also are spreading covid everywhere they go at the same rate as an “ infected” person. So the more we vaccinate the more of a mess we create.

the wise person would tell everyone to live with it. Or let’s treat the sick and not worry about the potential symptomatic or non asymptotic. Treatment when you feel bad.

Please don’t give yourself false hope. This is about to get a lot worse.

Great idea. Are we building more hospitals to accommodate this? The vast majority of people hospitalized at this point are unvaccinated. I originally wasn’t going to get the vaccine but glad I did now. If I get COVID I have a much better chance of recovery at home instead of at the overrun hospitals.

Do you really not understand that it is the vaccines ( and hence the vaccinated) that have created the Delta and other forthcoming variants? The virus mutates as it tries to survive because we are mass-vaccinating during a pandemic. Do some research before you come back at me with some more Chris Cuomo taking points.

I completely agree with you.

Ok. Just going to be interesting to watch you from a distance as more vaccinated fill up hospitals. Quit putting your faith in these people they lie to you.

on another question will you get the booster? Or the 4th shot, or the 5th. At what point do you admit you have been played?

Ok. Just going to be interesting to watch you from a distance as more vaccinated fill up hospitals. Quit putting your faith in these people they lie to you.

on another question will you get the booster? Or the 4th shot, or the 5th. At what point do you admit you have been played?

I’ll get a booster. I get the flu shot every year too. What’s your point? Of our generation of siblings and their spouses, my husband and I are the only ones vaccinated and the only ones not to have caught covid yet. And I work in the field where covid is everywhere so tell me again how this vaccine doesn’t work. How can you work in this industry and be so anti science?