Why isn't Intrabio paying their CEO?

anonymous

According to documents obtained from a recent subpoena, Intrabio isn't paying their CEO anything, no, nada, nothin' for his invaluable services, which is quite odd. To be specific, Intrabio paid him soley with stock option grants for the first ten months he served as their CEO, but then abruptly quit doing so on September 30th, 2021. I should note, another version of the same contract states that he was paid through December 31, 2021 (those contrasting contracts will be sorted out at a later date and will likely serve as exhibits A and B).

So, if you're keeping track, Intrabio hasn't paid their CEO anything, no salary, no stock options, no gold coins, no livestock, etc, so what's up with that? You'd think that he'd get a little somethin' somethin' after Intrabio secured the latest round of VC funding last summer to the tune of 40 million bucks. But, not so much, and they still didn't pay him one red cent for getting those Splenda packets to certain FDA approval later this year (Hmmmm).

Gee, I can't help but wonder why the CEO would agree to give his away his significant talent and efforts when he wrote something very different to Mallory Factor in an email before he accepted the job:

What I need to know is whether what I’m able to provide is what you’re looking for, and what my compensation would look like (I’m assuming it’s all equity). This will have to make sense to me financially, and there would have to be significant financial upside for me to take this on. Please let me know how you’d like to proceed.