• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

Why is everyone leaving???

Why is everyone leaving. I thought this was a great place!!!!!

Draining the swamp...

It took a while but it finally downed upon the boys at Baseland that SSF VPs/Directors are full of hot air AKA shit and clearing up the house which to I say 5 yrs late as Basel boys figured it out by 2011. They've seen other big pharmas drain the swamps in last few years and their back is against the wall on faltering profit with the 3 horsemen Avastin/Herceptin/Rituxan under biosimilar attacks. Fact is they HAVE to cut costs and easiest is RIF.

So start with the VPs/Head/Sr Directors at a slow pace so as not to alarm the minion peeps as next up guys is the long rumoured and waited RIF.

I mean let's be honest here - can SSF operate with 10 and even 20% less headcount which includes the army of red/green badge contractors many of whom were hired to do blue badge work so FTEs can play the politics and BS initiatives/projects to promote themselves?

Draining the swamp...

It took a while but it finally downed upon the boys at Baseland that SSF VPs/Directors are full of hot air AKA shit and clearing up the house which to I say 5 yrs late as Basel boys figured it out by 2011. They've seen other big pharmas drain the swamps in last few years and their back is against the wall on faltering profit with the 3 horsemen Avastin/Herceptin/Rituxan under biosimilar attacks. Fact is they HAVE to cut costs and easiest is RIF.

So start with the VPs/Head/Sr Directors at a slow pace so as not to alarm the minion peeps as next up guys is the long rumoured and waited RIF.

I mean let's be honest here - can SSF operate with 10 and even 20% less headcount which includes the army of red/green badge contractors many of whom were hired to do blue badge work so FTEs can play the politics and BS initiatives/projects to promote themselves?

Let's use the PC term that is used in-house -" optimizing ". Used in a sentence- "You may be optimized if you're in oncology".
T Cox left as he saw this was in the future.

Let's use the PC term that is used in-house -" optimizing ". Used in a sentence- "You may be optimized if you're in oncology".
T Cox left as he saw this was in the future.

Anyone know how Pfizer sales fared when they did the rolling sales regorg and RIF from 2007 to 2009? I think whole lot of cost savings thru RIF and reduce the swelled ranks of the pill pushers but sale really didn't take a big hit though the #s may be fuzzy due to patent expirations like Lipitor?

At least RIF'ed Onc reps have job opportunities with slew of Biosimilar competitors?

TC left because he was forced to. Cannot believe FM took him --- oh wait we have a position in them. They were forced to. He was an incompetent leader just like many are in the company these days. Only look out for themselves and will run over anyone in the process. He will be tied to the EM stuff. He was always bragging about how he hung out with him and did so the weekend before E killed himself. Only time for it all to come out.....

Pfizer had 6 reps in every division in every office with overlapping products; one would have sufficed. Complete overkill. The result of that was many offices closed doors to all reps.
Total stupidity on Pfizer's part, but not new for them. Most products were presold by the companies they bought and pillaged, anyway, so a decrease in business wouldn't be noticed...or reported by Pfizer.

What is happening to this place? Why are so many people upset and leaving in droves? I thought this was the company that all reps envied?? Sounds like big pharma clashed with biotech. Never good for the minion reps aka food caterers.