• Wed news: 2025 Medicare drug price negotiations. BioAge Labs aiming at $180M IPO. Merck Keytruda colorectal cancer flop. Sanofi gets bids for consumer health unit. Novo Nordisk CEO in Senate hot seat. See more on our front page

Why is Allergan hiring?

Anonymous

I was notified of a job opportunity with Allergan in Michigan. Any insights? From everything I have read the company is going to go thru a major restructuring in a few weeks. Will sales people ne affected or is it mostly trimming of unneeded Managers?

<

I was notified of a job opportunity with Allergan in Michigan. Any insights? From everything I have read the company is going to go thru a major restructuring in a few weeks. Will sales people ne affected or is it mostly trimming of unneeded Managers?
the business of running a company rolls on regardless of the layoffs and that means people are being hired, fired, quitting, out sick, etc...the chances of being laid off are very small...i would interview and if you get the job then decide...dont worry about layoffs, get an offer and by that time this will probably all be resolved

the business of running a company rolls on regardless of the layoffs and that means people are being hired, fired, quitting, out sick, etc...the chances of being laid off are very small...i would interview and if you get the job then decide...dont worry about layoffs, get an offer and by that time this will probably all be resolved

'The chances of being laid off are very small'. You have to bear in mind that the first big round of layoffs is 13% of the workforce. It is not guaranteed that further layoffs will not occur, particularly if the Valeant deal goes through. Doesn't take a lot of brain power to work out what would be in your best interest.

Regardless of the other posts that seem to be by a couple of kool aid drinkers-here is the honest truth. Allergan has been getting rid of sales reps for a couple of years. InJanuary they let ho of 1/4 of Eyecare. Prior to that there were cuts in Urology. The chopped the lap and sales force. They had only hired one team about six month prior-not one of the received severance. Each of the left another job to come to this company. They have emptied out the home office forcing some people to do the jobs of three four-with no extra pay or benefits.

The restructuring, while advertised by Allergan as 13% of the sales force, is 1500 people for this round only-which will be announced this week. Some people are expecting more before the end of the year.

The other part of this whole thing is Allergan WILL BE bought. Either by Valeant or another company. We are currently begging anyone to make an offer. Any company that would purchase, will currently have sales reps and may not keep the current Allergan reps. As this purchase will be by year' send, you would to have the opportunity to impress anyone with your sales talents to bid for a position should they decide to keep a few of the reps. You would also be newest on the totem pole-should they go with last hired-first fired. You would get no severance.

Why, I ask, would you have any interest?

Then, with the culture and treatment of the employees of late, why would you consider entering a shaky situation into a boiling pot of nastiness?

If you're up for all that, go for it. I say anyone who does shows a severe lack of good judgement. I wouldn't hire ya!

DO NOT DO IT! Michigan is a toxic waste pool with no support from corporate/mgd care. They will keep downsizing to make themselves more attractive to buyers. We all know the pipeline is dry and they will have cut their eye care sales force by 60-70% by years end. If you do take it, you will be selling a 10 year old drug (Restasis) that you will want to vomit every time you say the name and watch the blank stare from the physician thinking about how much money he/she is wasting by stopping to talk with you. You will be nothing more than a lunch provider. Don't listen to upper mgt. they have misled this sales force for the past 2 years to milk out any extra $ they can squeeze out. Also, the mgr from what I hear is micro which also adds a level of awesomeness to the position. Valeant would be a savior at this point, at least they purchased B&L and kept them in tact.