why always so many sales job openings

<

Thanks for the warning. Considering an offer and wondering if asking for vacation is even prudent....as it seems they don't believe in vacation and expect workhorses. Do they negotiate or don't even try? Also do they have regional meetings a lot?

Spot on above post. What are realistic earnings here? Recruiters seem to tell same song and dance company line. Is 200K realistic in 2013 or is manager blowing smoke?

Spot on above post. What are realistic earnings here? Recruiters seem to tell same song and dance company line. Is 200K realistic in 2013 or is manager blowing smoke?

200k is possible, but completely depends on your accounts, and opportunity. From my experience, if expansion territory, then you're picking up someone else's scraps or crap accounts. If backfill open territory, then it's a 50/50 call.

Bottom line is you have to find someone you trust/know inside, and ask them some direct questions about territory. In many cases they hire people without a territory clearly defined (based on expected captial deals within region within few months).

As for vacation upfront, forget about asking. Unless its something that was already booked way out in advance. If you're the right guy for position, vacation will not sway their decision.

Honestly though, this job has changed so much over the years. This job probably sounds great, and the opportunity is very enticing, but all the stories about stress, mind games, and just flat out always looking over your shoulder (no matter if you're 20 cases over quota, or 20 cases under).

The run away strategy above is pretty much a great recommendation.

Don't listen to these pussies. ISI is the only place to be in surgical device. Vessel sealer, stapler, firefly, single-site, we're about to wreck shop, AGAIN! If you can't make $200+ here, might as well take an office job and sit on your sorry ass all day. Are you comfortable being uncomfortable? You better be, cause this train don't slow down for punks who can't hack it.

So, when can you start?

You could not have given a better example of the people that work at this company. If you want to work with arrogant guys like the last post go right ahead. I did it for 4 years and would not recommend it.

Spot on. I would seriously reach out to some former reps that were there in the last year and ask them their serious thoughts on ISRG. I would also reach out to some of the surgeons/robotic coordinators in the territory and ask them about how many reps they have had and what is their true thoughts about you working for ISRG. All the Dr's & Administration know what is going on with how the company treats their reps. I know for a fact that surgeons are going to take a serious look at a competitor once one comes out because of the way ISRG has chosen to conduct business with their institutions and reps.

Don't get me wrong. I want ISRG to succeed because I still am a large shareholder, I just don't believe they have treated many reps very well, especially after many have sacrificed their lives to make da Vinci what is is today.

Spot on. I would seriously reach out to some former reps that were there in the last year and ask them their serious thoughts on ISRG. I would also reach out to some of the surgeons/robotic coordinators in the territory and ask them about how many reps they have had and what is their true thoughts about you working for ISRG. All the Dr's & Administration know what is going on with how the company treats their reps. I know for a fact that surgeons are going to take a serious look at a competitor once one comes out because of the way ISRG has chosen to conduct business with their institutions and reps.

Don't get me wrong. I want ISRG to succeed because I still am a large shareholder, I just don't believe they have treated many reps very well, especially after many have sacrificed their lives to make da Vinci what is is today.

and it's not just the reps. Engineers and product managers as well.

Don't listen to these pussies. ISI is the only place to be in surgical device. Vessel sealer, stapler, firefly, single-site, we're about to wreck shop, AGAIN! If you can't make $200+ here, might as well take an office job and sit on your sorry ass all day. Are you comfortable being uncomfortable? You better be, cause this train don't slow down for punks who can't hack it.

So, when can you start?

So you're about to 'wreck shop' with a vessel sealer that can't seal the range of vasculature like the Ligasure (I guess they didn't train you on that yet), with a stapler that doesn't have a white reload and has had issues with tissue getting caught in the wrist (thanks for being competent and oh so strict as usual FDA), with a product that has limited approval (firefly), and with a product that will break if it's used for anything beyond chole & hysterectomy (single site). Yeah have fun with that.

So you're about to 'wreck shop' with a vessel sealer that can't seal the range of vasculature like the Ligasure (I guess they didn't train you on that yet), with a stapler that doesn't have a white reload and has had issues with tissue getting caught in the wrist (thanks for being competent and oh so strict as usual FDA), with a product that has limited approval (firefly), and with a product that will break if it's used for anything beyond chole & hysterectomy (single site). Yeah have fun with that.

Whatever, douchey. None of that clinical BS matters, my docs will still use it cause I tell them too. They work for me. If it wasn't for daVinci, they would still be using straight sticks or making huge incisions.

Whatever, douchey. None of that clinical BS matters, my docs will still use it cause I tell them too. They work for me. If it wasn't for daVinci, they would still be using straight sticks or making huge incisions.[/QUOT

"They work for me?!" People like you, are why other very qualified people run like hell from this company. I have been here over 4 years, and love this company. Yes, there are some overall culture issues, but overall this is a great place to be. It's funny, at the WWSM when JA and CB were making podium references to this board, only the disgruntled people knew what they were talking about. The people that enjoy their jobs here, never come to this site. Why would we? All it does is get you down. I come to this site every so often to get a bit of gossip, but I always seem to regret that decision. My recommendation to people looking to come here, is ask all the questions you want answers to. If your curious about vacation, ask. If you get an odd look, or answer you aren't comfortable with, then don't take the job. There are some arrogant people who work here, and if you sense that is who you are interviewing with, then don't take the job. It's not rocket science. You are interviewing us, just as much as we're interviewing you. There are good managers and bad managers here. No different than any other company. If you're scared to ask the questions, then chances are you're probably not going to be happy working for that person.

Whatever, douchey. None of that clinical BS matters, my docs will still use it cause I tell them too. They work for me. If it wasn't for daVinci, they would still be using straight sticks or making huge incisions.

This is what I know from overhearing people when I'm in-house. I can only imagine this is a fraction of what is really wrong.

Great post! Just out of curiosity, do you remember what barbs JA and CB said about this site?

Whatever, douchey. None of that clinical BS matters, my docs will still use it cause I tell them too. They work for me. If it wasn't for daVinci, they would still be using straight sticks or making huge incisions.[/QUOT

"They work for me?!" People like you, are why other very qualified people run like hell from this company. I have been here over 4 years, and love this company. Yes, there are some overall culture issues, but overall this is a great place to be. It's funny, at the WWSM when JA and CB were making podium references to this board, only the disgruntled people knew what they were talking about. The people that enjoy their jobs here, never come to this site. Why would we? All it does is get you down. I come to this site every so often to get a bit of gossip, but I always seem to regret that decision. My recommendation to people looking to come here, is ask all the questions you want answers to. If your curious about vacation, ask. If you get an odd look, or answer you aren't comfortable with, then don't take the job. There are some arrogant people who work here, and if you sense that is who you are interviewing with, then don't take the job. It's not rocket science. You are interviewing us, just as much as we're interviewing you. There are good managers and bad managers here. No different than any other company. If you're scared to ask the questions, then chances are you're probably not going to be happy working for that person.

Great post! Just out of curiosity, do you remember what barbs JA and CB said about this site?

I think it is absolutely crazy that our senior management is reading these boards. If it was all gossip and "disgruntled" CSRs and former employees, then why bother trying to defend it? The truth is all the information is spot on accurate about the ethics and culture of the company which is a direct reflection of JA's leadership. Did you have a chance to talk with the new recruits at the WWSM? Half the people I met were from pharma or with C grade device companies, they can't recruit top talent here anymore. The ship has sailed.

Aren't you being a bit judgmental? Performance speaks for itself, period. Doesn't matter if one is from pharma, C medical device company...as long as the person has the skill sets to be successful, who cares? It is arrogant and self-absored posts like yours that give ISI the reputation it has. I'm sure you had to work yourself up from the bottom also to get your gig at ISI. Be grateful they gave you an opportunity. And look at yourself in the mirror before you start judging folks who may be your manager in the near future.

You arrogant fuck. I would bet you surgeons don't think you're the reason and God knows you would never say that to them or even near them. Exactly why you have to chase down B & C surgeons now because you've burned bridges with all the others.

Aren't you being a bit judgmental? Performance speaks for itself, period. Doesn't matter if one is from pharma, C medical device company...as long as the person has the skill sets to be successful, who cares? It is arrogant and self-absored posts like yours that give ISI the reputation it has. I'm sure you had to work yourself up from the bottom also to get your gig at ISI. Be grateful they gave you an opportunity. And look at yourself in the mirror before you start judging folks who may be your manager in the near future.

Actually no. For the B and C level device company reps, they have a chance and yes their performance should be the only measurement. However it's different with drug reps. This is a blemish you can cover up, but never really get rid of. You are tarnished for life. Your only hope is to lie about your background.

Think Frank Ocean, he want had a romantic relationship with a man. Despite his efforts, he has been permanantly labled a fa**ot. He will never shake that label.

Yes, I am a homophobe, and kind of proud of it.