• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

Whose bright idea was it to have managers in the field so much?

anonymous

it is beyond comprehension that those who run things around here think having a manager 3 to 4 tines , if not more, in a quarter is productive. Really?. My docs are closing their doors and it’s getting harder to find places to take them. This company has everything backwards.

<

They don't manage. They instill fear. How about treating your people with respect? How about creating a workplace that promotes a feeling of safety? Because if you do that trust and cooperation naturally takes place. That is what the managers and CBD's lack...common sense as to what make an organization run smoothly. AZ is pretty messed up. They still expect the same metrics proposed back in the 90's and that they should apply today. Change your metrics and your mentality AZ. There'd be a lot less bitching on this site .

Why are managers in the field? Because they produce nothing. Generally, a manager is simply someone who has compromised their principles and had the unique ability to say yes. If you want to break their chops, especially if they have driven hours to get to you/ is to work until 5 and then ask to role play because you are not comfortable with the sales call. Another good strategy is to bring epicac with you, Go to the bathroom and take a dose. Go back to the table and vomit in front of them. Youcan also ask them to take a sales call. They will panic.

use the Socratic method and answer all questions with a question. Ask them to explain the difference between an assumptive close and a reciprocal close and how it affects the effectiveness of the presentation. Its also good to drool occasionally and complain of back problems.

You can also pull the fuse in one of the warning lights in your car. It will not be safe to drive and its doubtful they will want to hang at the garage with you. They probably have a conference call to get to. After having too many managers to count its as simple as this. They all talk a good game but do they show up on time, are they willing to stay late in the field, are they there to help you or critique you. What do they talk about? Break their balls because they are not that smart they are simply tools!

The ONLY thing that matters with this job is expense reports. They never let anyone go due to poor sales because its all BS. Why have CEO and forced rankings? Expense reports matter because they are the only factual things you deal with.

Why are managers in the field? Because they produce nothing. Generally, a manager is simply someone who has compromised their principles and had the unique ability to say yes. If you want to break their chops, especially if they have driven hours to get to you/ is to work until 5 and then ask to role play because you are not comfortable with the sales call. Another good strategy is to bring epicac with you, Go to the bathroom and take a dose. Go back to the table and vomit in front of them. Youcan also ask them to take a sales call. They will panic.

use the Socratic method and answer all questions with a question. Ask them to explain the difference between an assumptive close and a reciprocal close and how it affects the effectiveness of the presentation. Its also good to drool occasionally and complain of back problems.

You can also pull the fuse in one of the warning lights in your car. It will not be safe to drive and its doubtful they will want to hang at the garage with you. They probably have a conference call to get to. After having too many managers to count its as simple as this. They all talk a good game but do they show up on time, are they willing to stay late in the field, are they there to help you or critique you. What do they talk about? Break their balls because they are not that smart they are simply tools!

The ONLY thing that matters with this job is expense reports. They never let anyone go due to poor sales because its all BS. Why have CEO and forced rankings? Expense reports matter because they are the only factual things you deal with.

COE is rigged

Wow. A lot of thought went into this. You must really suck to think this hard on how to get away from your DSM.

Wow. A lot of thought went into this. You must really suck to think this hard on how to get away from your DSM.

Compliance is the only way to fire an employee. COE is rigged. Only commercial operations know for certain who is contributing and who is not. They also know which territories are profitable and which are not. None of which matters to sales leadership. And it matters even less to the brand teams.

Compliance is the only way to fire an employee. COE is rigged. Only commercial operations know for certain who is contributing and who is not. They also know which territories are profitable and which are not. None of which matters to sales leadership. And it matters even less to the brand teams.
Wrong. There is a new and easier way that can be totally made up-behaviors. The new weapon to harass reps.

Believe I dread my Tues - Thurs every week. I have to pretend just as much as you do. I know we are going to the same places that might let you wander in and out a bit and the other 14 places that actually sign for samples. We both put on a show and then I watch a few sophomoric attempts at calls and then I do some random coaching. The best part is the time we can kill in the morning and then at our 2 hr lunch. Then I can head out around 3 since you are going east and my home is northwest so see you next time. Then I write a glowing FCF and we both survive and receive yet another check. And so it goes on and on.................

Believe I dread my Tues - Thurs every week. I have to pretend just as much as you do. I know we are going to the same places that might let you wander in and out a bit and the other 14 places that actually sign for samples. We both put on a show and then I watch a few sophomoric attempts at calls and then I do some random coaching. The best part is the time we can kill in the morning and then at our 2 hr lunch. Then I can head out around 3 since you are going east and my home is northwest so see you next time. Then I write a glowing FCF and we both survive and receive yet another check. And so it goes on and on.................
Remember 3 in a car...bwahhahha. Another brilliant “leadership” idea.

Reply to post 10. Very little thought actually went into this. The job contributes nothing to patient care, Your response would indicate you are a manager. Let me guess, live in an apartment, have moved a number of times, really did not do well in school, a lot of pride and your social life is fragile and maybe lead am alternative lifestyle with anger issues, Perfect profile for someone AZ would look at for promotion because you are dumb as a brick. Societies basic instinct have been tranquilized by large corporations, pharmaceuticals and the voyeurism of Coliseum sports, you personify this don"t you?

Every job is pharma delivers less value to the customer the farther up the food chain you rise. The interesting part is pay increases follow the path to total worthlessness. The DM job is more worthless than the PSS, The RD is more worthless than the DM. And on and on this circle jerk goes.