Who knew Forest would be a real GI company with more GI drugs than Takeda?

Takeda whiz kids should THANK GOD FOR LINZESS AND IW/Forest. You get a 7 year head start on the market and you should get managed care switches when plans won't fill LINZESS. That is Why you have grown. Ask any GI doc not paid off by Takeda and they ALWAYS say LINZESS is more PREDICTABLE. Gi docs are amazed that LINZESS could give a CC PATIENT diarrhea. That's called efficacy. Not giving them nausea that makes then throw up the turds that amiteeza can't get out.

Takeda whiz kids should THANK GOD FOR LINZESS AND IW/Forest. You get a 7 year head start on the market and you should get managed care switches when plans won't fill LINZESS. That is Why you have grown. Ask any GI doc not paid off by Takeda and they ALWAYS say LINZESS is more PREDICTABLE. Gi docs are amazed that LINZESS could give a CC PATIENT diarrhea. That's called efficacy. Not giving them nausea that makes then throw up the turds that amiteeza can't get out.

F you Forest reps. Takeda reps make twice as much as you. Go back to the hole you crawled out of.

Nice come back whiz kid . You know why I look up to you? Because doctors value you for your clinical expertise. "Nurse cancel my afternoon patients. Here comes the Takeda rep. I know I am going to learn volumes of clinical info from this rep. Takeda we adore you. We aspire to be you. You set the bar with clinically based statements like- Doctor why are you using so much LINZESS? Aren't you afraid of diarrhea?" I hope to get to your level one day. I understand why you are so highly paid. Is there another sales presentation that I could learn from that you folks deliver?

Forest Labs to buy Furiex in deal worth $1.5B
Forest Labs to buy fellow drugmaker Furiex Pharma in deal worth about $1.5 billion
Associated Press By The Associated Press

Forest said Monday that it will spend as much as $1.5 billion to buy Furiex Pharmaceuticals Inc. in a deal that will give it one of the broadest product lines for gastrointestinal disease treatments.

Shares of Morrisville, N.C.-based Furiex soared in trading after the companies announced the deal.

Forest's latest acquisition bid comes more than two months after Ireland-based Actavis PLC said that it planned to buy Forest in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $25 billion that is expected to close by the middle of the year.

Forest spokeswoman Mandy Kaufman said Monday that Actavis agreed to the Furiex acquisition bid and supports it.

For that deal, Forest plans to pay about $1.1 billion in cash, or $95 per share, for Morrisville, N.C.-based Furiex. It also will make additional payments of up to about $360 million depending on the development of eluxadoline, which treats the symptoms of a form of irritable bowel syndrome. Furiex announced initial results from late-stage testing on that drug in February and plans to submit it to regulators for approval by the end of this year's third quarter.

The treatment had received an FDA fast-track designation, which is designed to speed up the development and review of drugs that treat diseases with significant and unmet medical need.

Forest also plans to divest royalties Furiex receives on a couple of treatments to Royalty Pharma for about $415 million once the Furiex acquisition is completed. That would lower the price of the Furiex deal by about $315 million after taxes.

Earlier this year, Forest Laboratories Inc. also completed a $2.9 billion purchase of Aptalis, which makes gastrointestinal and cystic fibrosis treatments. Forest CEO Brent Saunders said Monday in a statement that the Furiex deal is a "natural extension" of his company's gastro-intestinal business following the Aptalis deal.

Forest has been hurt by generic competition to major drugs like the anxiety and depression treatment Lexapro. Saunders, the former CEO of optical products maker Bausch & Lomb Inc., took over last fall as Forest chief executive from the drugmaker's longtime leader Howard Solomon. Saunders had the backing of billionaire investor and Forest shareholder Carl Icahn.

Shares of Furiex jumped more than 28 percent, or $22.79, to $102.94 in Monday morning trading, while the Nasdaq exchange rose slightly. Forest shares, meanwhile, paralleled the broader market. They climbed 88 cents to $90.72.

Nice come back whiz kid . You know why I look up to you? Because doctors value you for your clinical expertise. "Nurse cancel my afternoon patients. Here comes the Takeda rep. I know I am going to learn volumes of clinical info from this rep. Takeda we adore you. We aspire to be you. You set the bar with clinically based statements like- Doctor why are you using so much LINZESS? Aren't you afraid of diarrhea?" I hope to get to your level one day. I understand why you are so highly paid. Is there another sales presentation that I could learn from that you folks deliver?

LETS BRING BACK THE G-FORCE!!!!!!! Sounds like you didn't make the cut JUNIOR! Don't EVER forget we are the G FORCE! The proud, happy, joyous and free delightful and educated with charisma and a deep sense of work ethic. Its a SHAME that Takeda came in and ruined this wonderful group of "self starters". Things will never be the same but so proud to be a PROUD member of the G FORCE ALUMNI!

Forest Labs to buy Furiex in deal worth $1.5B
Forest Labs to buy fellow drugmaker Furiex Pharma in deal worth about $1.5 billion
Associated Press By The Associated Press

Forest said Monday that it will spend as much as $1.5 billion to buy Furiex Pharmaceuticals Inc. in a deal that will give it one of the broadest product lines for gastrointestinal disease treatments.

Shares of Morrisville, N.C.-based Furiex soared in trading after the companies announced the deal.

Forest's latest acquisition bid comes more than two months after Ireland-based Actavis PLC said that it planned to buy Forest in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $25 billion that is expected to close by the middle of the year.

Forest spokeswoman Mandy Kaufman said Monday that Actavis agreed to the Furiex acquisition bid and supports it.

For that deal, Forest plans to pay about $1.1 billion in cash, or $95 per share, for Morrisville, N.C.-based Furiex. It also will make additional payments of up to about $360 million depending on the development of eluxadoline, which treats the symptoms of a form of irritable bowel syndrome. Furiex announced initial results from late-stage testing on that drug in February and plans to submit it to regulators for approval by the end of this year's third quarter.

The treatment had received an FDA fast-track designation, which is designed to speed up the development and review of drugs that treat diseases with significant and unmet medical need.

Forest also plans to divest royalties Furiex receives on a couple of treatments to Royalty Pharma for about $415 million once the Furiex acquisition is completed. That would lower the price of the Furiex deal by about $315 million after taxes.

Earlier this year, Forest Laboratories Inc. also completed a $2.9 billion purchase of Aptalis, which makes gastrointestinal and cystic fibrosis treatments. Forest CEO Brent Saunders said Monday in a statement that the Furiex deal is a "natural extension" of his company's gastro-intestinal business following the Aptalis deal.

Forest has been hurt by generic competition to major drugs like the anxiety and depression treatment Lexapro. Saunders, the former CEO of optical products maker Bausch & Lomb Inc., took over last fall as Forest chief executive from the drugmaker's longtime leader Howard Solomon. Saunders had the backing of billionaire investor and Forest shareholder Carl Icahn.

Shares of Furiex jumped more than 28 percent, or $22.79, to $102.94 in Monday morning trading, while the Nasdaq exchange rose slightly. Forest shares, meanwhile, paralleled the broader market. They climbed 88 cents to $90.72.

Man, I do feel bad for FL people who are posting on here...b/c they ain't gettin' any of this stock appreciation, and are the lowest paid in the industry from what I hear - I'd be updating my resume, not posting on competitor's boards right now....just my 2cents. - Former TAKeda rep.

Man, I do feel bad for FL people who are posting on here...b/c they ain't gettin' any of this stock appreciation, and are the lowest paid in the industry from what I hear - I'd be updating my resume, not posting on competitor's boards right now....just my 2cents. - Former TAKeda rep.

LETS BRING BACK THE G-FORCE!!!!!!! Sounds like you didn't make the cut JUNIOR! Don't EVER forget we are the G FORCE! The proud, happy, joyous and free delightful and educated with charisma and a deep sense of work ethic. Its a SHAME that Takeda came in and ruined this wonderful group of "self starters". Things will never be the same but so proud to be a PROUD member of the G FORCE ALUMNI!