• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Which looks better on a resume?

Looking for a plan B out of this cesspool. I can get my MBA or get a JD in 3 years. Which looks better on a resume especially when making jump to another industry??

jd way more expensve and 3 years. Get mba I tecnical aea like mis, finance, accounting. You can do mba part time or weekends also. Sure, jd may look better cosmetically, but you wat to be practical and make ure the degree is functional on your career path. If you want to be lawyer then m of course, jd looks better and is required. Kind of an odd question it's not like "which socks would look better?"

Some things that may impact your decision:

These two degrees lead to quite different type positions, which one would you enjoy more?

Would you enjoy working on financial matters or on legal matters? or is it just a ticket to a general management type position?

Which of the possible degrees would be from a higher tier school?

There are tons of both unemployed MBAs and lawyers already on the market. What separates them from the employed many times is the perceived quality of their degree.