• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

When does Eisai just cut its losses and pull out of the U.S.?

<

The company is not making money on any of its products. How are they keeping us? 2015 will be the year when Eisai saves some money and let's a lot of us go. If I'm wrong, please tell me so.

The company is not making money on any of its products. How are they keeping us? 2015 will be the year when Eisai saves some money and let's a lot of us go. If I'm wrong, please tell me so.

Probably a great move to leave this company.

Incredible that after Aricept and Aciphex (great products), that Eisai has not had anything good. I really feel for those of you that have to sell Bev. Hang is their a keep smiling. At least you will get a decent severance package if you hang on.

Seriously, it is much, much, much easier to find a job when you have one!

No need to now. We'll keep letting go of our Quintiles counterparts to make us leaner and the p/l sheet will finally show a profit. Granted, the profit will be pathetic but at least Eisai will keep people employed and Belviq will continue on here in the US. Boutique drug at best but we'll be ok. But get ready to be micro-managed even more than we are now because a lean company is a mean company.

That is a nice thought. "We will just keep letting go of our Quintile counterparts". They don't have any financial responsibilities and they are disposable. Perhaps Eisai should have looked at their books a little closer over the summer of 2014 and made the determination that they did not have the equity to support a major expansion for Belviq and not hired the extra 150 reps that they let go on Thursday. The good news is that the salaries of those severed can now be used for marketing which is going to make all the difference. BTW, maybe the managed care reps should get out there and do some pull through with the programs they set up. It is nice that major companies now have weight-loss incentive programs but without any follow-up, how will Eisai/Belviq benefit?

Has anyone actually heard that Eisai will be leaving the U.S. I know it's easy (and mostly deserved) to say Eisai sucks, but there are several people right now concerned for their jobs and how they will support their families.

Look around with all talent departing and such limited commercialization opportunity.
A layoff is definitely warranted for 2015.
Sad to see demise of a once great company that valued patients first.

Who has left?

In Oncology... Who hasn't left would be the easier question to answer.

Are there any reps in this division 5 years of oncology experience who didn't take the job because they were out of work from another company. There can't be more than a dozen reps left who were here when Eisai launched oncology by buying MGI.

And I think there were over 100 MGI reps when Japan overpaid for that company.