When do we hit bottom ? Is there an up left ?

Patent Expirations:

Nexium 2014
Crestor 2016
Symbicort 2016

Does that answer your question OP?

Doesn't Symbicort go off before 2016? Also, all of the new drugs from Glaxo and others will have a huge negative impact on Symbicort. Also, I thought XR goes in 2016 as well. But why, why worry? We have the major blockbuster known as Brilinta to save us!!

Doesn't Symbicort go off before 2016? Also, all of the new drugs from Glaxo and others will have a huge negative impact on Symbicort. Also, I thought XR goes in 2016 as well. But why, why worry? We have the major blockbuster known as Brilinta to save us!!

Some sources say Symbicort goes off in 2014, although a few individual patents have already gone off and that is where drugs get confusing.

Could AZ make some combination drugs out of these? Like Crestor with fish oil or a Zydis like combination for Seroquel? I think the XR patent is 2017.

Soriot needs to push the cash cows as hard as possible to ramp over the cliff before emerging "hopefuls" contribute. No matter what Hudson says, expect full selling forces till then to sell like crazy - and then a crash.

Some sources say Symbicort goes off in 2014, although a few individual patents have already gone off and that is where drugs get confusing.

Could AZ make some combination drugs out of these? Like Crestor with fish oil or a Zydis like combination for Seroquel? I think the XR patent is 2017.

Soriot needs to push the cash cows as hard as possible to ramp over the cliff before emerging "hopefuls" contribute. No matter what Hudson says, expect full selling forces till then to sell like crazy - and then a crash.

What emerging hopefuls? None of the junk recently purchased are projected to have enough sales to replace even a small portion of even one of the big products going off patent. Anything before Phase 3 is still at least 5-7 years away from approval. No hope there.

Oh, and by the way, insurers, prescribers and patients have caught on to the combo and reformulated drug ripoffs and they steer well clear of them in today's market. Don't think that they are going to help very much.

Maybe the flu season will be good? That's all Medimmune will contribute in the foreseeable future.

Perhaps some new innovative medicines? Oh, never mind, AZ doesn't do that type of work anymore.

Good points. If Symbicort is around 3 billion, Nexium around 5, and Crestor around 6, not sure what XR is, but all in all a tremendous loss - Billions. The bolt ons are comparatively small.

Symbicort sales will slowly be eroded by newer competition. Patents are not as relevant to this product, as the true barrier to market entry is having a suitable delivery device FDA approved.

Symbicort sales will slowly be eroded by newer competition. Patents are not as relevant to this product, as the true barrier to market entry is having a suitable delivery device FDA approved.
Where have you been. We hit bottom several years ago when they made MT our VP of sales. We have been digging the hole deeper ever since. The real question is when will they begin to cover us up?

Where have you been. We hit bottom several years ago when they made MT our VP of sales. We have been digging the hole deeper ever since. The real question is when will they begin to cover us up?

Only stating that Symbicort sales will not go completely away immediately like Nexium and Crestor sales will when their patents expire. I know it is hard to believe but this isn't rock bottom yet. Rock bottom will be when Crestor goes off the books if AZ even lasts that long.

Read what we send to the analysts that is required by law. AZ has told the market that we will go from $33B in 2011 to $20B in sales by 2016. That is in our official YE report. That is what counts. What did we tell Wall Street we will sell and how much will we have in profits. For you idiots in field sales that means at least 3 and 1/2 more year of declining sales and profits.

That is what Pascal told Wall Street. That is the truth and that is AZ. Now there is a slight chance that we could "return to growth" after 2016. But that means all those acquisitions of fish oil and cancer cures pan out. Good luck with that. Those are the facts.

I can fake calls until 2016 no problem. My female DSM - which explains why pharma was ruined - will continue to wear her fake titties and call her husband and kids all day and then write a ridiculuos eFCF and oh jesus kill me now.

Read what we send to the analysts that is required by law. AZ has told the market that we will go from $33B in 2011 to $20B in sales by 2016. That is in our official YE report. That is what counts. What did we tell Wall Street we will sell and how much will we have in profits. For you idiots in field sales that means at least 3 and 1/2 more year of declining sales and profits.

That is what Pascal told Wall Street. That is the truth and that is AZ. Now there is a slight chance that we could "return to growth" after 2016. But that means all those acquisitions of fish oil and cancer cures pan out. Good luck with that. Those are the facts.

You are correct, but who cares! I sell Crestor and Symbicort and I do very well. When Crestor goes off patent in 2016 and 70% of the sales force is slashed, I will walk away with a severance package and about $1 million dollars in my 401k. I will find a new job, probably making less money, but I will be happy that the pharma gig lasted as long as it did. As Steve Winwood once said, "Roll with it, baby!"

You are correct, but who cares! I sell Crestor and Symbicort and I do very well. When Crestor goes off patent in 2016 and 70% of the sales force is slashed, I will walk away with a severance package and about $1 million dollars in my 401k. I will find a new job, probably making less money, but I will be happy that the pharma gig lasted as long as it did. As Steve Winwood once said, "Roll with it, baby!"

Yeah right. I call BS.