Whats your side biz

<

Rentals is where it's at. I own a small medical building. I have a chiropractor. Dentist, and urgent care doctor in the building. I figured that after calling on doctors for years they make good renters. They stay in the same location for years. I also own two small rental homes. I've been a rep or 25 years and I am set to retire soon and work at my rentals and enjoy life away from pharma.

I am a Ranch Dressing expert. I enjoy Ranch Dressing at least 3 meals a day and post reviews on several websites and Ranch Dressing blogs. I have also been accumulating Ranch Dressing in my warehouse and plan to open a store that sells nothing but, you guessed it, Ranch Dressing.

i agree with above who stated stop spending and start investing. I've been in this business for a long time but have always tried to look out for myself. I own an apartment complex in LA that generates a very steady cash flow and use that as fuel for my stock purchases. Net worth is at a point I can retire by 50 but actually I still like pharma so won't leave yet

so many entrepreneurs here? I wonder why you spend your days buying cupcakes and standing in sample closets?

Usually the haters are funny - this one sounds jealous and dumb. Few jobs provide the income stream and scheduling flexibility that pharma field sales does. It's perfect for those who want to build up a cash reserve and then have the time to start/manage other ventures. You forgot to mention the reps you mock earn 100k in total comp (many make more), buy those cupcakes with someone else's money, and deliver them in a car that costs nothing. All while usually having a least a couple - or more - hours each day to devote to other ventures.

If you continue to wonder about this after this explanation it's because you are jealous or stupid. Perhaps both. Have a nice day.

Usually the haters are funny - this one sounds jealous and dumb. Few jobs provide the income stream and scheduling flexibility that pharma field sales does. It's perfect for those who want to build up a cash reserve and then have the time to start/manage other ventures. You forgot to mention the reps you mock earn 100k in total comp (many make more), buy those cupcakes with someone else's money, and deliver them in a car that costs nothing. All while usually having a least a couple - or more - hours each day to devote to other ventures.

If you continue to wonder about this after this explanation it's because you are jealous or stupid. Perhaps both. Have a nice day.
Wow! 100k? How ambitious.
As you settle in to the cloth seats of your Chevy Equinox, please try to imagine how many cupcakes you could buy (with your own money) if you had a shred of work ethic or a desire to challenge yourself. 100k was a decent gig 30 years ago.

I would imagine most of the "real estate investors" here either have inherited the properties, have a spouse making +$100k also, don't own them at all but are waiting for mommy and daddy to die, or are just anonymous internet "millionaires".

Wrong. It's called work ethic. You work and you do not spend it all. You save up and you purchase a small house that needs lots of repairs. Do the repairs yourself (unless your body is made of marshmallow which sounds like that could be the case) and then rent it or resale the home. It is that simple.

As you settle in to the cloth seats of your Chevy Equinox, please try to imagine how many cupcakes you could buy (with your own money) if you had a shred of work ethic or a desire to challenge yourself. 100k was a decent gig 30 years ago.

It's funny how you bitch about the work ethic of people who successfully hold down a full time job while also putting in the time to start second businesses or establish alternative income streams. It's also enlightening how several posters just assume people can't be successful on their own - how anyone who successfully accomplishes more must have inherited their money. Those comments say far more about the posters then they do about their intended targets. 30 years ago many people started careers with a college degree for under 20k/yr. 30 years ago you were in the upper 10% of income in your age group if you earned over 40k/yr by age 30. So no, 100k/yr isn't "so 30 years ago." And while there are some parts of the country where 100k doesn't make you well off, there are many parts where 100k allows you and your family to live well and SAVE money. Money you can then invest and multiply.

$100,000/yr puts you in the top 8% of income earners in the United States (2014 data)

http://graphics.wsj.com/what-percent/

It's funny how you bitch about the work ethic of people who successfully hold down a full time job while also putting in the time to start second businesses or establish alternative income streams. It's also enlightening how several posters just assume people can't be successful on their own - how anyone who successfully accomplishes more must have inherited their money. Those comments say far more about the posters then they do about their intended targets. 30 years ago many people started careers with a college degree for under 20k/yr. 30 years ago you were in the upper 10% of income in your age group if you earned over 40k/yr by age 30. So no, 100k/yr isn't "so 30 years ago." And while there are some parts of the country where 100k doesn't make you well off, there are many parts where 100k allows you and your family to live well and SAVE money. Money you can then invest and multiply.

Not the original hater OP but it's funny how many people here claim they have successful side gigs. 99% of the reps I've met while working here couldn't run a fucking garage sale. The standing in sample closet/cupcake thing was pretty funny though. And I do have to agree that $100k income isn't shit in 2017. Maybe in 1989 but certainly not in 2017. I guess to some of these lifer reps that started at 25 with a $40k base, $100k means they have fucking accomplished something. I'd jump off a bridge if I was over 40 and making $100k.

Not the original hater OP but it's funny how many people here claim they have successful side gigs. 99% of the reps I've met while working here couldn't run a fucking garage sale. The standing in sample closet/cupcake thing was pretty funny though. And I do have to agree that $100k income isn't shit in 2017. Maybe in 1989 but certainly not in 2017. I guess to some of these lifer reps that started at 25 with a $40k base, $100k means they have fucking accomplished something. I'd jump off a bridge if I was over 40 and making $100k.

Start jumping