What's the total Takeda/Shire salesforce right now?

<

These layoffs are only impacting Shire Neuro (as of right now). All the rare disease/plasma teams at Shire were acquired in takeovers. They are all pretty small sales forces 30-40 reps total. Ophthalmics is next to be crushed. Overhead far outweighs profits.

What really annoys me is why they don’t want to tell us the number of shire reps... I have asked several times and they say “ good question, I don’t know “ really .. you don’t know ( ohhh ok ) .. really makes me question who bought who ..

Good luck to you all ! Let’s see what a mess this turns out to be !

What really annoys me is why they don’t want to tell us the number of shire reps... I have asked several times and they say “ good question, I don’t know “ really .. you don’t know ( ohhh ok ) .. really makes me question who bought who ..

Good luck to you all ! Let’s see what a mess this turns out to be !

Shire neuro he 500 territories. Many have left and due to having a hiring freeze those positions have not been filled. I can’t tell you how many reps are left here myself. I’ve heard 300 but it’s definitely under 400. I have no idea how many Takeda Neuro reps there are and Takeda PC reps. But that’s the Shire number

With Takeda PC, Shire Neuro, and Takeda NSS, along with RM's & DM's on both sides, your looking at very close to 1,500 people. They are basically cutting 1/3 or more of the sales force, and will likely layoff again when Ami/Dex goes generic late next year.

Guys the entire industry will undergo change in 2020. Trump has long been saying that the drug industry needs to lower prices, but we don’t. The “proposed changes “ for 2020 will have a major impact on us . Rebates, aka kickbacks, will be coming to an end , and possibly even patient coupons. You can find the proposals under Health, and Human Services (HHS) and other sites on the internet.

I know we are all thinking what else can I do? It’s a tough question to answer, but we all have to start somewhere. Nobody wants to admit it, that over the next couple of years, we will very likely see massive layoffs in the industry as government regulation comes down on our greedy heads.

To all, good luck in wherever this leads you.

well my manager obviously didn’t know what she was talking about. Said minimum cuts yesterday. Just called me and said I’m safe on the Neuro side, but cuts would be hard and heavy today (500+)

Guys the entire industry will undergo change in 2020. Trump has long been saying that the drug industry needs to lower prices, but we don’t. The “proposed changes “ for 2020 will have a major impact on us . Rebates, aka kickbacks, will be coming to an end , and possibly even patient coupons. You can find the proposals under Health, and Human Services (HHS) and other sites on the internet.

I know we are all thinking what else can I do? It’s a tough question to answer, but we all have to start somewhere. Nobody wants to admit it, that over the next couple of years, we will very likely see massive layoffs in the industry as government regulation comes down on our greedy heads.

You are correct; the industry as a whole has reached it's maturity stage..Rare diseases and specialty is NOT primary care. Even selling to those markets is going to be "different'..Yes time to redefine.

Oh please, nothing Trump says matters. He lies and gaslights constantly. The industry is changing but it has nothing to do with him. Sticking to healthcare (because there are far too many lies to document), he said he would not cut Medicare and then released a budget this year that calls for cuts to Medicare.

Ignore what he says, watch what he does.