• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

What the f#%k does Commercial even do?

anonymous

Adam & his shit commercial team do what exactly now? All the sales people only complain about working here. The marketing team are really useless…see the Immunology & Oncology commercial teams. Holy Moly. Poster children of mediocrity. And the Med Affairs team…. OMFG. A joke of epic proportions.

<

what does anyone at bms do? hardest working group is probably custodial/grounds... the rest of us just cash our pay check that's pretty much it.
Speak for yourself. I park way back in the parking lot & walk to Bldg A in PPK, pretending I’m on a call. That’s a LOT of hard work. I put fake calls with vendors & pretend I’m busy. Then leave at 3pm. Really really hard work. I’m exhausted.

All commercial does is try to prove who is the most inclusive leader. Look at linkedin for Wendy, Tania, and the fruity access guy. If you don’t check the right box, your gone.

All commercial does is try to prove who is the most inclusive leader. Look at linkedin for Wendy, Tania, and the fruity access guy. If you don’t check the right box, your gone.
100% True. Those three are out of control. Each of their organizations are in turmoil. But they act like they are doing gods work. The access guy is the worst. Lurch has stripped him off everything except his underoos. Yet he out there chirping on LinkedIn. What a doofus.

Think this will should answer your question:

"There is a reason why people say “Same Old BMS” because a complete lack of innovation, and mid-90’s reach & frequency paradigm thinking.

Look at the parade of clowns we’ve seen come and go over the last 5 years.

If you want to see what I am saying just spend a couple of hours at PPK or LVL. Be sure to go early in the morning around 8AM. You can park anywhere you want and even roll a yoga mat out in the middle of the office because no one will arrive until 9-9:30 and when they do its down to the Starbucks for coffee and then a vigorous hour-long discussion on what they ate for dinner the night before and what they want for lunch.

Around 11 the tone shifts from a busy morning of chit chat and sending 3 emails about the next POA & executive spotlights to heading downstairs for lunch. Between 11:30-1 the cafeteria is like Lollapalooza. Every kind of cubicle clown is there without a care in the world. Corporate may even have a giveaway table for everyone to help themselves to.

Between 1PM - 3:30 it tends to get quiet due to the collective post-prandial spike but close to 3:45 things start to percolate. It is at this time that you better not be standing anywhere near the elevators or the stairs or risk getting run over by the swell of humanity leaving the collective stresses of the day behind.

BMS is singularly unique in it’s ability to be home to so many clock watching, passive people who have no motivation to be otherwise. In fact, they are celebrated for it."