• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

What sales force will carry the EOE drug?

anonymous

We know that the specialty forces have not carried retail in the past, even when visiting the same offices. Will this be a small lifeline for NSBU? Not a peep has been said about promotion.

<

Gattex Reps are training on the product right now. Launching soon by April. Carrying samples. Also it’s GIBU not NSBU - I don’t think neuro would carry a GI product.

Yes it is very true. And what was learned is that compound pharmacies had been providing the same product for years and at low cost.
This is not a new product but an attempted to commercialize something that has been available for many years as a cheap generic.

Clearly, you aren’t paying attention or better yet, you do not work here. The strategy, direction, and salesforce was announced months ago, and pdufa approval was official last week.

Actually the product was tabled around COVID. It was strange because generic options of the drug were being used to treat COVID successfully. I thought they would have pushed forward during that time to cash in on the COVID treatment and demonize the generic like Merck demonized Ivermectin for a more expensive treatment that they pulled out of their hat.

Is this true? I know a lot of good people that still work for the GIBU and this would be so sad if it's accurate

2 layoffs. First they fired half and then a year later the other half.

the first half was during Covid but since it was a small sales force and only about 80 fired didn’t make a blip on most radars. Total of 170 people. Most with the company 10+ years

We have been here many times. Got caught in one layoff, came back 2 years latter and know another layoff is coming. Not sure on the date but soon. Gattex reps that hope to stay are hanging their hats on EOE. One to three year sales projections are dismal. Takeda is putting no managed behind it. Also remember Takeda has no problem with bag mix changes when it comes to geography.

We have been here many times. Got caught in one layoff, came back 2 years latter and know another layoff is coming. Not sure on the date but soon. Gattex reps that hope to stay are hanging their hats on EOE. One to three year sales projections are dismal. Takeda is putting no managed behind it. Also remember Takeda has no problem with bag mix changes when it comes to geography.

As a Gattex rep I am not hanging my hat on EoE. Let's be honest - we didn't WANT Eohilia and our supreme sales leader even thought we were too good to promote it. What we wanted was darva and since that flopped we're stuck with this GI slushy. This company is a JOKE