• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

What next for reps?

Anonymous

Any word on our fate?

Considering the imminent closure / transfer of RTP site, patent expiry looming for As-FX, and our increasing focus on emerging markets / Asia.....

I don't expect great things as the calendar year is wrapping up, and soon the FY.

What are others hearing?

<

Any word on our fate?

Considering the imminent closure / transfer of RTP site, patent expiry looming for As-FX, and our increasing focus on emerging markets / Asia.....

I don't expect great things as the calendar year is wrapping up, and soon the FY.

What are others hearing?

What the fuck are you talking about? Obviously a bullshit post meant to scare off potential applicants for all the openings so you can have less competition. Yes, Aciphex will be going off patent in the not too distant future, but 2 new products on their way. So stop trying to create the impression that this is a sinking ship. Here's what to expect as the calendar year is wrapping up: About 45 new reps hired (about 20% of the sales force) to fill current openings created when the territory lines were recently redrawn, national sales meeting in Orlando in about a month, new epilepsy drug gets approved late October, Turkey dinner late November, and Santa Claus late December as we get ready for national launch meeting for weight loss drug soon into the new year. OK? You stand enlightened. But then again that wasn't your purpose, was it?

What the fuck are you talking about? Obviously a bullshit post meant to scare off potential applicants for all the openings so you can have less competition. Yes, Aciphex will be going off patent in the not too distant future, but 2 new products on their way. So stop trying to create the impression that this is a sinking ship. Here's what to expect as the calendar year is wrapping up: About 45 new reps hired (about 20% of the sales force) to fill current openings created when the territory lines were recently redrawn, national sales meeting in Orlando in about a month, new epilepsy drug gets approved late October, Turkey dinner late November, and Santa Claus late December as we get ready for national launch meeting for weight loss drug soon into the new year. OK? You stand enlightened. But then again that wasn't your purpose, was it?

Said like true naive rep. New drugs won't saves company. Company goes down to bottom of ocean.

Said like true naive rep. New drugs won't saves company. Company goes down to bottom of ocean.

have to agree with this post.
Eisai was a GREAT company about 10-15 years ago. But, today it is sinking fast. The new weight loss product was not approved 3 years ago, and now is on the market.

Good luck selling that to doctors, that are already not enthusiastic about these weight loss product.

Add the big territories and low pay, and you are in a bad spot too.

Those of you that are so focused on pharma jobs need to get more creative, as there are great jobs out there that pay more and treat you better.

Pharma companies like to shit on their reps, because they have to many intelligent, yet naive thinking applicants that actually think being a pharma rep is so great.

Well, it is not great. At least not anymore.

Eisai was a GREAT company about 10-15 years ago. But, today it is sinking fast. The new weight loss product was not approved 3 years ago, and now is on the market.

Good luck selling that to doctors, that are already not enthusiastic about these weight loss product.

Those of you that are so focused on pharma jobs need to get more creative, as there are great jobs out there that pay more and treat you better.

Pharma companies like to shit on their reps, because they have to many intelligent, yet naive thinking applicants that actually think being a pharma rep is so great.

Pharma reps want to stay in pharma because most cant sell worth a shit. Many were hired because they look the part but put those reps in a job where you actually do have to sell something and they will fail miserably.

My 8 years since college have been in pharma and I am trying to get out. I am finding it difficult to even get an interview with my background. What industries would you suggest I focus on?

My 8 years since college have been in pharma and I am trying to get out. I am finding it difficult to even get an interview with my background. What industries would you suggest I focus on?

Startup small/mid cap biotech’s who offer a healthy stock option. I've made over a million from you dumbasses at Eisai and am on my way to a second small fortune. The ONLY reason to me to be in bio/pharm is the upside of the options. Other than that this industry and job sucks! The restrictions and oversight are ridiculous and only getting worse in 2013 when we all start recording and reporting to Sunshine. I don't work here anymore but once my check cleared I went to the next small cap bio and have already made another small fortune post MGI. I just check back in from time to time to see if the chaos that we all joked about is still alive and well at Eisai…and sadly for those still there, it seems to be. Not that you don’t know this already but Eisai is quite the laughing stock in the industry, especially in oncology.

Yeah so many biotechs have made money for reps. /cough dendreon, allos, cell Therapuetics,

Yeah list the three that didn’t…Um Amgen, Biogen, Chiron, MGI, Immunex, DNA, Alexion, Onyx, just to name a few have created substantial wealth for sales reps over the years. I get it. You’re bitter you stayed in mass market big pharma and you never made any real money. Well I can tell you this, real money is fun and all of the above have paid it and that is just a small list of oncology focused companies over the past 10 years. I’m guessing you’re new as you only mentioned three very new/recent companies. Just think, if you could have gotten the Alexion job you’d be a millionaire…I know it sucks for you…So keep plugging away in your MPP and hope for the best. You’re right no biotech company has ever made their reps wealthy…keep thinking that and let the smart reps get those jobs…

Yeah list the three that didn’t…Um Amgen, Biogen, Chiron, MGI, Immunex, DNA, Alexion, Onyx, just to name a few have created substantial wealth for sales reps over the years. I get it. You’re bitter you stayed in mass market big pharma and you never made any real money. Well I can tell you this, real money is fun and all of the above have paid it and that is just a small list of oncology focused companies over the past 10 years. I’m guessing you’re new as you only mentioned three very new/recent companies. Just think, if you could have gotten the Alexion job you’d be a millionaire…I know it sucks for you…So keep plugging away in your MPP and hope for the best. You’re right no biotech company has ever made their reps wealthy…keep thinking that and let the smart reps get those jobs…

Millionaire at alexion? Lol. They didn't give out that many shares to reps and they've had huge turnover as they fire reps all the time. Trying to find one patient in six million? Lol. TE only ones why make millions are directors. Douche

Millionaire at alexion? Lol. They didn't give out that many shares to reps and they've had huge turnover as they fire reps all the time. Trying to find one patient in six million? Lol. TE only ones why make millions are directors. Douche

Jack ass they did a 2 for 1 split last year, along with ESPP, annual incentive options and grants and plenty of reps made a boat load...a hell of a lot more than you'll ever see!

What's Next? Here it is.
Get in shape, get the short skirts out. Lose the panties and put on some sexy boots. Get yourself out to a busy corner and start bending over and hustling John's on the corner. There are plenty of busy corners in your geographies. You can turn 4-5 tricks in the afternoon alone and this will be significantly greater job stability and bonus potential than Eisai. Even with days off for health and well-being, this is another 1500-2000/week. No more blowing the old doctor for a couple scripts -- now you can blow Johnny for 75- a pop. PS- Use Listerine

Jack ass they did a 2 for 1 split last year, along with ESPP, annual incentive options and grants and plenty of reps made a boat load...a hell of a lot more than you'll ever see!

Don’t tell that to Eisai Rep…they have been beat up and told that not one bio/pharm company ever made people rich. They’ve been told that, ‘it’s like this everywhere else’. They’ve been told that the MPP is much better than a stock option and an ESPP.

See, Eisai Rep is stupid and abused. We should be kind to them, not tease them or state facts…facts only confuse them…they’re happier when being spoon fed the dogma from OB and senior management, versus reality from the outside world…

What's Next? Here it is.
Get in shape, get the short skirts out. Lose the panties and put on some sexy boots. Get yourself out to a busy corner and start bending over and hustling John's on the corner. There are plenty of busy corners in your geographies. You can turn 4-5 tricks in the afternoon alone and this will be significantly greater job stability and bonus potential than Eisai. Even with days off for health and well-being, this is another 1500-2000/week. No more blowing the old doctor for a couple scripts -- now you can blow Johnny for 75- a pop. PS- Use Listerine

how do we hide our ball sack if we're not wearing our panties?