• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Welcome to our club!

<

I never would have agreed that the second happiest day at Allergan was the day I left, but sure enough it really was. I got a great job in device and I'm no longer micromanaged trying to increase share in a generic market with uncompetitive managed care coverage, competing with the marketshare I built. And the Restasis patent extensions... Well, how long is that going to keep people happy for? How long can you increase market share for a product that works a third of the time. Once that market becomes flat, and we can all see it coming, what then? No more bonus again for the person with a really high share that can't grow anymore? There's nothing in the pipeline and another round of layoffs is bound to occur. Maybe not this year, maybe not next, but it will happen again in the foreseeable future.

That disaster Alphaeon seems to be doing quite well and everyone working there has a genuine smile as opposed to the corporate drones at Allergan. Work, work, work...give your life and we will toss you away whenever we want.

There IS life after Allergan Eye Care!!! After a very long and successful career was ended by a tyrannical regional manager and a new district manager (who is currently on the hotseat for his behavior), I found myself with another company. My manager is wonderful. I have an easy and helpful ride along (that actually makes sense) once a quarter, my benefits package far outweighs the one I left behind. My base salary is a tad bit more and my UNCAPPED ( yep you read that right) bonus my Q1 was more than my total bonuses for the last two years combined at Allergan. In fact, if I keep this up ( and I will ), my first year bonuses will be more than any starting salary at Allergan! And that silly little dick of a manager who wrote me up every other week (that is how often he rode with me) said I didn't know what I was doing! Of course after 8 leadership trips, how could I? And he has not hit leadership yet-and I doubt he will with the way he treats his team.

For all of you who are like I was, please please please do not let the intimidation get to you. Do not let that ridiculous little manager convince you that you are no good. Do not sit around and wait for it to get better, because IT WILL NOT! Look around you-you are not being treated with respect, neither are your co workers. The longer you allow them to write up fake "coaching reports" and annual reviews that are not truly reflective of what you are doing, you will suffer. It will lower your self worth and value. And when that perfect opportunity comes along and they want copies of you last two years of reviews and coaching reports-what will you do? Tell them it was just a bad manager lying about you?

There is a much better life after Allergan Eye Care! Go find it!