• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

Way too much middle management

The newly designed eyecare territories this year were a huge mistake by allergan management. I like the idea of each pod only having one manager, but these managers are in our territories twice as much. Doctors don't mind having a manger visit once in a while. But now they are seeing them 2 times or sometimes more a month. Access is getting harder and harder and I'm finding offices putting rules around seeing the doctors where access was good. Half the managers can be cut. That's my opinion. We would still have co travels every 6 weeks instead of every 3. It's overkill and not progressive as other pharma companies have already figured this out. Some companies eliminated area managers all together and only have regional managers.

Only twice as much? Worse when the manager adds nothing to the visit-brings no value and is overbearing, pushy, or obviously lacking in any product knowledge or "people skills". Killing me.

omg if i have to answer my manager one more time why lumigan is not growing double digits everyday i will shoot myself. it's even worse when he goes into the office and badgers the doctors as if he is smarter than them or like they owe us for supplying them with kits for years or those "educational lectures" where they played golf. do they realize that writing lumigan for like 10 patients nets them 10k a year? ridiculous.

omg if i have to answer my manager one more time why lumigan is not growing double digits everyday i will shoot myself. it's even worse when he goes into the office and badgers the doctors as if he is smarter than them or like they owe us for supplying them with kits for years or those "educational lectures" where they played golf. do they realize that writing lumigan for like 10 patients nets them 10k a year? ridiculous.

My eye care manager makes us call in success stories on VM every week! Calls our doctor offices to see if we were there! He flirts with the women working at the offices! As a female rep it really grosses me out since he is married and has two kids!