• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Virtual sales

anonymous

I noticed this position open. Any insight on these, pros/cons ? Do they work with the field reps, also noticed they wanted retail experience., any cheat sheet of what they look for upon hiring?

I noticed this position open. Any insight on these, pros/cons ? Do they work with the field reps, also noticed they wanted retail experience., any cheat sheet of what they look for upon hiring?
This is a new position here- essentially the same qualifications as a normal pharma position, but you will just be interacting via Teams/Zoom/phone etc with your accounts. Yes you will need to coordinate with the other teams in your geography. Looks like a good position, kind of tempting even for an existing rep!

This is a new position here- essentially the same qualifications as a normal pharma position, but you will just be interacting via Teams/Zoom/phone etc with your accounts. Yes you will need to coordinate with the other teams in your geography. Looks like a good position, kind of tempting even for an existing rep!
It’s an entry level position. Would not recommend for an existing rep.

Sounds like a complete nightmare. Are representatives to arrange customer virtual field visits to entertain managers and home office dignitaries as well? Do you think customers will urgently arrange their schedules so you can put on a show to management? Cheap deli sandwichs are not enough motivation for customers to put on a show. Maybe you will find a kind soul who will do you a favor because they feel sorry for you. Your livelihood is on the line. You will be fired if you can’t perform. Run as fast as you can!!! What a career choice!!!

Sounds like a complete nightmare. Are representatives to arrange customer virtual field visits to entertain managers and home office dignitaries as well? Do you think customers will urgently arrange their schedules so you can put on a show to management? Cheap deli sandwichs are not enough motivation for customers to put on a show. Maybe you will find a kind soul who will do you a favor because they feel sorry for you. Your livelihood is on the line. You will be fired if you can’t perform. Run as fast as you can!!! What a career choice!!!
I envision a lot of virtual 'sample drops' where you are interacting with an MA, then witnessing a signature from the provider with maybe a quick word or two. I have witnessed these interactions (w virtual reps from other companies) in my offices, Pfizer (I believe) has been doing this for some time.

I envision a lot of virtual 'sample drops' where you are interacting with an MA, then witnessing a signature from the provider with maybe a quick word or two. I have witnessed these interactions (w virtual reps from other companies) in my offices, Pfizer (I believe) has been doing this for some time.
Witnessing a signature. That’s funny.

Who provides hardware in office to collect signature? Is it the Medical Assistant’s cell phone? How do you access weekly sales numbers to see if doctor is prescribing medicine? What a fantastic career opportunity in virtual sales.

Who provides hardware in office to collect signature? Is it the Medical Assistant’s cell phone? How do you access weekly sales numbers to see if doctor is prescribing medicine? What a fantastic career opportunity in virtual sales.
You call, then let them know you are sending a zoom/teams/veeva email to a PC, laptop, tablet or phone. Pretty easy. Data reporting on volume is standard per most pharma companies.

You call, then let them know you are sending a zoom/teams/veeva email to a PC, laptop, tablet or phone. Pretty easy. Data reporting on volume is standard per most pharma companies.
You mean the Indian call center calls them. Virtual reps won’t be former Pharma reps. Hope everyone has saved lots of bonus money. It won’t be long now.

Yes, unfortunately I think you are correct. This is a pilot program to test it all out.
Why can’t post office just collect only required signature. If practitioner does not want samples, they are returned for distruction. Still much less expensive than “Dog and Pony” show with virtual representatives.

I guess management needs someone to discuss urgent business plans. Also, plans to change trajectory of weekly prescriber data.

Pharmaceuticals is a fantastic career!!!