• Wed news: Medicare $2 generics. Biogen’s high-dose Spinraza. Roche breast cancer trial. Lilly’s unique AI deal. Sage Alzheimer’s fail. See more on our front page

Vaccine division trying to freeride off hospital coattails

Anonymous

Not going to happen. Welcome to the school of hard knocks. There is no orientation, kids.

You've failed in the outpatient setting. Why would I bring your lack of primary care results to inpatient "specialty care" major-league setting?

Get back into your farm league and figure it out-patient.

Not going to happen. Welcome to the school of hard knocks. There is no orientation, kids.

You've failed in the outpatient setting. Why would I bring your lack of primary care results to inpatient "specialty care" major-league setting?

It doesn't really matter, its all going to contract anyway.

nasty attitude. at least 60% of all pneu vaccine given in hospital. we are in this together.

Got a kick out of the new IS Q&A for the hospital. They could have saved 9 pages and just said the answer to everything is: NO, or we are working on it, or NO. 9 pages to says no 15 different ways.

Bottom line: our business is off label and anything you need to address customer concerns is no available.

Feel free to knock yourself out if you thing you can do better, vaccines. The first pharm-D you encounter will crush your spirit.

Inpatient pharmacy and administration is nasty as all hell and it's trickled down to the staffing-level. Let vaccines have at it. The more the merrier to shut down hospitals like primary care offices. Let's implode this muthapfuka like only pfizer can, gang 'em style! Hell, send 7 POD mates in those hell holes and watch the system implode the whole vendor system!!

I thought it was just main my territory. We have more collaboration meetings to justify what we are doing in the hospital, when in fact, they cannot do better.
If we do not get 80 percent on formulary by July, is the co-promote over? I feel like the vaccine division is trying to strong arm us and take over our positions.

Got a kick out of the new IS Q&A for the hospital. They could have saved 9 pages and just said the answer to everything is: NO, or we are working on it, or NO. 9 pages to says no 15 different ways.

Bottom line: our business is off label and anything you need to address customer concerns is no available.

Feel free to knock yourself out if you thing you can do better, vaccines. The first pharm-D you encounter will crush your spirit.

ACIP recommendations: Can't talk about it. (legal, compliance & regulatory)
Reimbursement: Can't talk about it. (legal, compliance & regulatory)
Outcomes Data: Don't have it. (medical)

Does Pfizer leadership and those junior marketers fresh out of MBA schools think my customers are stupid? Without 2 of 3 this drug is going to fail on deaf ears to a hospital administrator. This is a corporate structurally-created problem, not sales driven issue.

People need to get their sh8t together in Collegeville and better understand their market and customers. The days of selling surrogate endpoints is FFO-OVER! These are NOT the days of Lipitor launch. So it's time to freshen up those freakin' business plan assumptions and analogues.

Oh, and my EMR package: Doesn't have it. Probably won't get an update for 1-year.

BTW, ACIP both on and off-label, reimbursement contracting, outcomes (although data is controversial and mixed at-best for IPD-only) Merck is out there talking about it.

WAKE UP HOME OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was just main my territory. We have more collaboration meetings to justify what we are doing in the hospital, when in fact, they cannot do better.
If we do not get 80 percent on formulary by July, is the co-promote over? I feel like the vaccine division is trying to strong arm us and take over our positions.

Vaccines is just pfishing for info with nothing else to do. Looking to claim credit, place blame. It's like primary care all over again.

Don't lead the jackasses to water. Make them find it for themselves.

Collaboration time is over, it been over a year now. I have customers to see and I don't get paid a training bonus to be a regional field trainer and sit for coffee klatches to train some child and interrogate me on what I am doing in the hospital from someone who is not a specialty rep, makes 50% my paycheck and has FAILED to sell in the outpatient. I already have a boss, and a divisional structure and things are moving along as they should. I don't need someone to piggy back on the 99-yard line to claim the score, or worse, fumble at pharmacy and lose the ball.

Does Pfizer leadership and those junior marketers fresh out of MBA schools think my customers are stupid? Without 2 of 3 this drug is going to fail on deaf ears to a hospital administrator. This is a corporate structurally-created problem, not sales driven issue.

People need to get their sh8t together in Collegeville and better understand their market and customers. The days of selling surrogate endpoints is FFO-OVER! These are NOT the days of Lipitor launch. So it's time to freshen up those freakin' business plan assumptions and analogues.

Oh, and my EMR package: Doesn't have it. Probably won't get an update for 1-year.

BTW, ACIP both on and off-label, reimbursement contracting, outcomes (although data is controversial and mixed at-best for IPD-only) Merck is out there talking about it.

Ummmmmmm....looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Sorry to hear you are having a tough day. :-(

Listen, the home office KNOWS EXACTLY what is going on.
We (They) expect you to sell all you can and then "GOODBYE"
Home office always wins! Field force is used for services and then disposed of

don't forget price and 13 vs. 23! what a pfucking joke!

nasty attitude. at least 60% of all pneu vaccine given in hospital. we are in this together.

Your 60% number is way off. How do I know? I am the Merck vaccine person, and I can see where every dose has gone for the last five years. I will conceded that some large hospital systems have implemented new vaccination protocols for p23, that may make it appear that 60% of pneu is given in hospitals, but that is not accurate.

Merck here....I have not been able to understand your management plans for p13 in adults. It never made sense. I am hoping that p13 gets at least a little bit of traction because that means more job security for me. I'm not optimistic. Either your brand teams don't know that selling vaccines is very different than selling tablets(possible, but sad) or they are hanging you out to dry(probable and evil).

Even if we get all that stuff lined up, we still have to convince these over-worked, UN-curious, docs that 13 is somehow better than 23. We have to convince them that the Merck rep that has been selling them dozens of vaccines for decades is full of crap.