• Wed news: Medicare $2 generics. Biogen’s high-dose Spinraza. Roche breast cancer trial. Lilly’s unique AI deal. Sage Alzheimer’s fail. See more on our front page

Vaccine division paying 40 percent of IS salary in 2013?

If you had the ability to move freight in the hospital channel, you would be selling it.

Fact is, we'd love to cut you both but we need someone to sell it in hospitals.

The entire future market is hospital driven. In 5 years, no MD will vaccinate adults in their offices.

If you had the ability to move freight in the hospital channel, you would be selling it.

Fact is, we'd love to cut you both but we need someone to sell it in hospitals.

The entire future market is hospital driven. In 5 years, no MD will vaccinate adults in their offices.

Meanwhile no MD will see any adult drug rep in the hospital. Game over,decisions made by faceless suits.

80% may be coming from the hospital but it has nothing to do with the reps!

What the person was saying is that most of the sales coming from the outpatient market are driven by the IS reps. who already have the relationships with these docs and are scheduling the appts. many times for the vaccine reps. for the hard to see, high prescriber PCP's and speciaists. This drug should have been given all to IS with a small supporting role to vaccines. Everyone knows it, and everyone talks about it.

:cool:Pfizer pfucked up the ACIP recommendation with their greedy maneuver of raising the price twice in one year. Deal with it dolts - :cool:

The truth is that we (merck) are not going to let p13 get any traction in 50+. We have more vaccine experience, better relationships, and a better reputation with decision-makers. Besides, 23 is more than 13.

The truth is that we (merck) are not going to let p13 get any traction in 50+. We have more vaccine experience, better relationships, and a better reputation with decision-makers. Besides, 23 is more than 13.

Realtionships? Experience? Whatever. Outcome data will drive the market under a government payer system. 'nuff said.

Realtionships? Experience? Whatever. Outcome data will drive the market under a government payer system. 'nuff said.

I wonder what the outcome data will look like in those 11 distinct serotypes that p13 does not contain? Oh well.....I guess we will find out in 2014 or 2015. By that time we will have our conjugate pediatric pnemo vaccine. There will be so much fun to be had.

I wonder what the outcome data will look like in those 11 distinct serotypes that p13 does not contain? Oh well.....I guess we will find out in 2014 or 2015. By that time we will have our conjugate pediatric pnemo vaccine. There will be so much fun to be had.

Well, Let's see:

2 of the 11 don't cause IPD according to your own website and the other 9 can be easily wiped out with Amoxicillin or cephalosporins. So, what's the benefit of the other 11 again? Or is the disease burden on the multi drug resistant strains blowing hospital budgets.

Know Your Customer.

Most IS reps I have worked with dont know anything about vaccines, or how to get the vaccine on standing orders in the Hospital!! They might be able to get into an office but if they dont know what they are talking about it doesnt help them sell!!!! Hospitals might account for 80% of the doses in the future but it wont be because of the IS team!!!!!!

Most IS reps I have worked with dont know anything about vaccines, or how to get the vaccine on standing orders in the Hospital!! They might be able to get into an office but if they dont know what they are talking about it doesnt help them sell!!!! Hospitals might account for 80% of the doses in the future but it wont be because of the IS team!!!!!!

All vaccines reps I worked with no nothing about hospitals and only 50% about selling vaccines. So what's that tell you? Look at vaccine rep sales results.

Now the IS and Vaccine reps are infighting over why we can't sell
P13?! OMG, People please! It's a disaster and not any reps' fault.

The Merck reps know how to sell in offices and hospitals. We have been doing it for decades. That's why we are going to make p13 integration in adults 50+ very, very difficult.

Well, Let's see:

2 of the 11 don't cause IPD according to your own website and the other 9 can be easily wiped out with Amoxicillin or cephalosporins. So, what's the benefit of the other 11 again? Or is the disease burden on the multi drug resistant strains blowing hospital budgets.

Know Your Customer.

If what you say is correct, why don't you have any 50+ sales? 23 is more than 13. There is no messaging that will negate that fact. The scoreboard is the judge.....