Townhall

I have been here for a little over a year and I've never seen a culture like this anywhere else. Nobody trusts one another, it's a bunch of backstabbing, every man for himself personalities. The company wants to brag about supporting diversity and all management wants are robots checking off boxes. Nothing motivating about this mess at all.

More clarity please. When will we have town halls for our specific departments? Given that changes are coming as early as August, it would make sense to have something on our calendars now. In the spirit of clarity, it would be the right thing to do!

I have been here for a little over a year and I've never seen a culture like this anywhere else. Nobody trusts one another, it's a bunch of backstabbing, every man for himself personalities. The company wants to brag about supporting diversity and all management wants are robots checking off boxes. Nothing motivating about this mess at all.

agree! 2 years in this company and what I see is a bunch of people working out the quickest way to get to the next shiny toy or promotion without necessarily achieving much or anything in the currrnt job. It’s a bit like the business strategy too. Launch the brand, milk it in the shortest possible time and then while it’s growing, disinvest in it (and customers) to focus on the next best thing.

Totally right! And with the 1400 layoff targets for Basel, there is bound to be a bias towards giving US colleagues positions over Basel-based.
Terrific!
If you don’t have several years US experience after 2015 on your resume, kiss any global role in Basel goodbye. You are no longer qualified for the job. Novartis’ arrogance is unprecedented!