Tomorrow is the day Zelnorm competitor approved

Anonymous

Tomorrow is the day the new Takeda drug "Lubi" is supposed to be approved. Novartis has certainly downplayed this and if it does happen wait to see all the teleconferences and other stuff we will have to do. This drug will certainly take some Zelnorm scripts and that will hurt meeting goals. Anyone have any other info

<

Novartis has said NOTHING! The silence is deafening! You would think they would have given us heads up! Congratulations to all that left to go to Takeda! Outstanding company-really

They did cover it at our recent DPM but it was talked about briefly, talked about certain side effects that the new drug has and not really gone into other than that. I guess maybe they think there may be a chance it may be delayed . Im sure the higher ups are a bit nervous. I understand the Takeda reps will have quite large territories.

They told us that the side effects include nausea-30% and possible uterine contractions. its a different MOA I think its definitenly going to be a relatioship sale as alot of Drs wait for a new drug to have some experience on the market. If your Drs are ok with Zelnorm and paitents like it why try something brand new with unknown side effects. You will defintiely be hearing more I think it was approved today and announcement will be made tomorrow. generic name is lubiprostone. Goggle it and you will see some info
Hope that helps

It won't be hard to kick my zelnorm butt, particulary in my territory. I have PA status for formulary coverage so that makes it an impossible sell. If these Takeda reps get decent coverage they WILL kick our butts cuz we have spent the last three years dramatically improving awareness about IBS.

Shit here in Michigan, the MC is kicking our butt and what little we have in RXs will be gone when Takeda takes it from us. Takeda pays and treats their reps well. We are last in Michigan (mainly due to sad management) and we are going to be negative with a competitor.