• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Timeline

Anonymous

Hello everyone. Just joined AZ about a year ago and have amazing numbers. My DM supports me. Wanted to see if this timeline is realistic in order to promote?

1 year from now - Become a Sales Trainer
3 years from now- Become a DSM
5 years from now - Become a Brand Manager at HQ
7 years from now - Brand Director
10 years from now (as I'm in early 30s) - Become VP
15 years from now - Become President
18 years from now - CEO

Please advise if this is realistic.

Hello everyone. Just joined AZ about a year ago and have amazing numbers. My DM supports me. Wanted to see if this timeline is realistic in order to promote?

18 years from now - CEO

6 months from now Laid Off

1 year from now working as contract rep

2 years from now working at the mall

More realistic. Congrats on your 55% accurate amazing numbers though

Bi, Lucifer here. If you're willing to forsake every shred of personal integrity and honor that you still possess, I know you can make this happen! Can you treat coworkers like BBF's one minute and report them for minor policy violations the next? Are you willing to take full credit for the success of your team and deflect any responsibility for failure to others? Are you able to accept as fact concepts and ideas that defy rational logic? If you answered yes to these questions, there is only one more step to take to make all your dreams come true. Simply send your soul to me (UPS or FedEx) at: Lucifer, Inc., P.O. Box 666, Hell, and I will guarantee your first promotion to Sales Trainer within weeks. As an added bonus, you'll even get to skip all the bothersome red tape involved in a career ladder promotion, since it's plain to see that you are already making a huge impact at the district, region and national levels and your significant talents are being wasted in a petty field role! You must act soon though, as I am dealing with a backlog of AZ souls selling to leave the company.

Bi, Lucifer here. If you're willing to forsake every shred of personal integrity and honor that you still possess, I know you can make this happen! Can you treat coworkers like BBF's one minute and report them for minor policy violations the next? Are you willing to take full credit for the success of your team and deflect any responsibility for failure to others? Are you able to accept as fact concepts and ideas that defy rational logic? If you answered yes to these questions, there is only one more step to take to make all your dreams come true. Simply send your soul to me (UPS or FedEx) at: Lucifer, Inc., P.O. Box 666, Hell, and I will guarantee your first promotion to Sales Trainer within weeks. As an added bonus, you'll even get to skip all the bothersome red tape involved in a career ladder promotion, since it's plain to see that you are already making a huge impact at the district, region and national levels and your significant talents are being wasted in a petty field role! You must act soon though, as I am dealing with a backlog of AZ souls selling to leave the company.

Good one, you missed your "calling"... or maybe not.

OP, I'm sorry, I actually thought your post was a joke! But, you were serious? All I can say is.....wow! I'm so sad for you, I can't even find it in myself to poke fun at your poor deluded self.

Actually I'm not a jaded old fart, but someone who took the buyout in 2012, never looked back, started my own business and am happier now than I have been in years. I spent 16 years with AZ, 10 in the oncology division, the last two back in primary care, which really opened my eyes to how bad things had really gotten. This company started its' downward spiral with the merger of 1999 and it's not even close to being over. One more thing. Before you judge people, you should realize in your "early 20's" mind, that the "jaded old farts" in your immediate circle (territory, district, region, etc.) will be far more helpful, truthful and empathetic in assisting you in becoming all that you desire than anyone in management or headquarters. People get jaded for reasons. Usually, good, valid reasons. Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox now.

Actually I'm not a jaded old fart, but someone who took the buyout in 2012, never looked back, started my own business and am happier now than I have been in years. I spent 16 years with AZ, 10 in the oncology division, the last two back in primary care, which really opened my eyes to how bad things had really gotten. This company started its' downward spiral with the merger of 1999 and it's not even close to being over. One more thing. Before you judge people, you should realize in your "early 20's" mind, that the "jaded old farts" in your immediate circle (territory, district, region, etc.) will be far more helpful, truthful and empathetic in assisting you in becoming all that you desire than anyone in management or headquarters. People get jaded for reasons. Usually, good, valid reasons. Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox now.

You've 'never looked back' and are 'happier than in years', yet you came on a rant blog on a Saturday night to share your thoughts about others being jaded? What's wrong (or BS) in that line of thinking?

Lucifer here again. As idle minds have been known to be my favorite playground, I for one cannot think of where I can find more idle, empty actually, minds than on any blog that concerns AZ.

You've 'never looked back' and are 'happier than in years', yet you came on a rant blog on a Saturday night to share your thoughts about others being jaded? What's wrong (or BS) in that line of thinking?

Wow! To express such venom and anger over someone else's happiness actually makes you more pitiful than the OP, if the OP was even serious. You won't get it but I'll try to explain why I'm so darned happy. I no longer have to worry about:

Lying about calls every day
A shithead manager who blindly believes my lies as well as the ones he's told by HQ
Metrics
The same manger threatening to call compliance because I didn't offer a PI on a call (this really happened)
A counterpart who shamelessly kisses the ass of said manager
Customers who are rightfully sick of our industry's and company's business tactics
Having to be embarrassed to tell people what I do for a living
Metrics
Mandatory Friday afternoon teleconferences
BEMs
Career Ladder Promotions
IDPs
PIPs
RSDs
NRx
TRx
SSLTs
Metrics!!!
Being engaged!
Sales force "realignments"
TSI (I can't believe I almost forgot TSI!)
Did I mention metrics yet?
Etc., etc, etc,

You bet I'm a happy camper!

Wow! To express such venom and anger over someone else's happiness actually makes you more pitiful than the OP, if the OP was even serious. You won't get it but I'll try to explain why I'm so darned happy. I no longer have to worry about:

Lying about calls every day
A shithead manager who blindly believes my lies as well as the ones he's told by HQ
Metrics
The same manger threatening to call compliance because I didn't offer a PI on a call (this really happened)
A counterpart who shamelessly kisses the ass of said manager
Customers who are rightfully sick of our industry's and company's business tactics
Having to be embarrassed to tell people what I do for a living
Metrics
Mandatory Friday afternoon teleconferences
BEMs
Career Ladder Promotions
IDPs
PIPs
RSDs
NRx
TRx
SSLTs
Metrics!!!
Being engaged!
Sales force "realignments"
TSI (I can't believe I almost forgot TSI!)
Did I mention metrics yet?
Etc., etc, etc,

You bet I'm a happy camper!

An honest man, good post! And good luck and happiness with whatever you are doing! From a long term rep in Texas, still hanging on.....

18 years from now - CEO

most of us get to CEO much faster than that