• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Timeline Announced Next Week

CNS rep here. My DSM told us on a teleconference that the annoucement will be made this week. It's already Tuesday so hopefully by Friday. We should know the new structure of the sales forces and the self-identification process should begin.

My DSM shared the following regarding upcoming layoffs: DSM & RSD positions reduced by 50%, timeline announced this week for field sales, rep ratings for BSC to be official and entered by 12/31, this year plus previous 2 years performance reports are the main criteria used in selection process.

Hope this helps!

Hot off the press....just received at text from my DSM that there is a DSM teleconference tomorrow at 4pm (EST) to learn about the new sales force structure and the self-identification process for PSSs. Hope that helps.

There will be 4 business centers in the US. Each business center head will be responsible of the profit/loss of the center. The centers will be staffed according to the MC access, potential etc., so some centers will have more reps/DM's, some less. RSD's reduced about 50%. MCL and MCR DM's will report to the same RSD in the geography. Field cuts between 30% to 40% with some areas getting hit harder than others. Despite what you are told after it's over, there will be more layoffs. The staffing is completed, meaning the decisions have been made. The WARN ACT mandates 60 days notice BEFORE the lay off date. So everything will likely be over and done by 2/1/12, so hopefully we will still be on the payroll for February and March, with the severance being paid 4/1/12. I am not completely sure about the dates on all of this. That's all I know. Timeline will be rolled out very, very soon.

Guys, this is going to be a rough Holiday period for everyone, except the incompetent people at the top that seem to be bulletproof no matter how bad a job they do. We begged them for years not to keep hiring and filling every damn vacancy that came along, but they did anyway. They abandoned Nexium years before the patent was to expire. They have made it very clear that they think CSO reps are our equivalent in terms of effectiveness. They have made the wrong choices on our pipeline and Medimmune was the biggest mistake of all. So, we pay the high price for their mistakes and they get promotions and keep their jobs.

AZ will continue on a downward spiral. Prepare for the worst and pray for the best.