This Really Hurts! How can they do this to us?!!

The sun came up today, so it really wasn't the end of the world for anyone yesterday. The greatest lessons in life are learned in hardships and difficulty. Good luck to all whose career path took a detour yesterday.

No offense, but so easy to say when it doesn’t happen to you. It is exactly what everyone described. Everyone goes on with their lives and their empty promises of helping are just that. Empty.

No offense, but so easy to say when it doesn’t happen to you. It is exactly what everyone described. Everyone goes on with their lives and their empty promises of helping are just that. Empty.

So true. You thought what you had were friends at Genentech actually it was nothing more than shallow professional relationships. Their promises of helping after their condolences on your job loss is nothing more than lip service. They do it to make themselves feel better not you. Always remember it’s every person for themselves. If this doesn’t prove it nothing will. GLA.

So true. You thought what you had were friends at Genentech actually it was nothing more than shallow professional relationships. Their promises of helping after their condolences on your job loss is nothing more than lip service. They do it to make themselves feel better not you. Always remember it’s every person for themselves. If this doesn’t prove it nothing will. GLA.

Get off our board! You no longer work here!!! Stop being lazy and find a job!!!

Well said.

For the prior poster crying about her plight. What exactly can anyone do or say to make you feel any better? What would you do for others if you weren’t laid off? Bake a cake for them? Stop feeling sorry for yourself and move on. There is nothing you can do to change a thing.
There’s a lot of jobs out there. Take my advice if you fear another layoff; stay away from Pharma. It’s a house of cards. Thousands have been dumped in the past 10 yrs, and it’s not over.

And don’t file for unemployment. It’s welfare! My hard earned tax dollars shouldn’t go to people like you who are too lazy to apply for jobs instead of wasting time here! Move on and don’t let the door hit you in your ASS. Pick yourself up by the bootstraps!!!!

And don’t file for unemployment. It’s welfare! My hard earned tax dollars shouldn’t go to people like you who are too lazy to apply for jobs instead of wasting time here! Move on and don’t let the door hit you in your ASS. Pick yourself up by the bootstraps!!!!

You’ve just been cursed. 2018 will be the worst year of your life. The karma and negative energy will come back to you tenfold and it is with absolute please. You are on here 24/7. You don’t work. So if you are collecting a paycheck, you need to be fired. Now get the fu*k out of here!!!

Well said.

For the prior poster crying about her plight. What exactly can anyone do or say to make you feel any better? What would you do for others if you weren’t laid off? Bake a cake for them? Stop feeling sorry for yourself and move on. There is nothing you can do to change a thing.
There’s a lot of jobs out there. Take my advice if you fear another layoff; stay away from Pharma. It’s a house of cards. Thousands have been dumped in the past 10 yrs, and it’s not over.

Wow, you’re so knowledgeable and wise. How did you get so smart? Wow, everyone should listen to you. GET THE FU*K OUT OF HERE!

You’ve just been cursed. 2018 will be the worst year of your life. The karma and negative energy will come back to you tenfold and it is with absolute please. You are on here 24/7. You don’t work. So if you are collecting a paycheck, you need to be fired. Now get the fu*k out of here!!!

Being angry won’t help when interviewing. The hiring manager will move on to the other 100 candidates. If you were a top performer here, maybe you would still have a steady paycheck. Personal Responsibility...maybe it was your attitude.....that’s the reason you were thrown to the curb. Take this next year or 2 while you interview to self reflect. Best wishes and good luck. Nothing but the best to you.

As someone who went thru BOLD and with the company for many years it's amazing to find out who REALLY cares about you. Some were a nice surprise and others just vanished. Here today and gone tomorrow. I do really appreciate, however, those who continue to check in and send job leads, (even though I have another job). Remember, it could happen to you. Be there for people - it means a lot. Bob, Herb, Art, and Sue are gone so don't stay at the party too long. And, FYI, there are lots of good companies out here. Don't believe all the Best Places to Work BS. RIP GNE.

For the record, my comments were genuine. Not displaced this time, true, but I have been before. I never said it was easy, but it's not the end of the world.

Does it hurt? Yes. Does your self-esteem take a hit? Yes. Do people who develop a glass half-full attitude get over it and move on to Better things faster? Absolutely.

Count your blessings, no matter how bad you think you have it, you're better off than 85% of the world's population.

For the record, my comments were genuine. Not displaced this time, true, but I have been before. I never said it was easy, but it's not the end of the world.

Does it hurt? Yes. Does your self-esteem take a hit? Yes. Do people who develop a glass half-full attitude get over it and move on to Better things faster? Absolutely.

Count your blessings, no matter how bad you think you have it, you're better off than 85% of the world's population.

Tell people your story and see what sympathy you get.

As someone who went thru BOLD and with the company for many years it's amazing to find out who REALLY cares about you. Some were a nice surprise and others just vanished. Here today and gone tomorrow. I do really appreciate, however, those who continue to check in and send job leads, (even though I have another job). Remember, it could happen to you. Be there for people - it means a lot. Bob, Herb, Art, and Sue are gone so don't stay at the party too long. And, FYI, there are lots of good companies out here. Don't believe all the Best Places to Work BS. RIP GNE.
Well-said and true.

Wow, you’re so knowledgeable and wise. How did you get so smart? Wow, everyone should listen to you. GET THE FU*K OUT OF HERE!

A hell of a lot smarter than you, you big pussy.. Grow the f$ck up.
I don’t give a shit if anyone listens or not.
I’m here to stay, asshole. Retiring next year. You’ll still be an unemployed loser or one of the contract losers. Either way you’re a loser. You are out of here, so you’re the one that needs to go away.

If you want loyalty to your family, go work for daddy.

You learned a valuable lesson, son. You work in exchange for a paycheck, benefits and maybe a few perks. It’s a transactional relationship that can be terminated by either party at anytime.

Hahahahaha! I actually worked for my daddy and he fired my ass because I was slacking off.
It was a great lesson for me. No one is entitled to a job.