• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

They're Not Going To Wait

anonymous

No way they wait until Q1 to let people go. We're going to find out on the post Thanksgiving update that they make the cuts in December. This conference call was scheduled weeks ago. They knew what the deal was.

<

December is a lost month for productivity with the holidays and everyone already not focused with what's coming. Nov/Dec has always been a popular time with pharma to do layoffs (just ask Merck what they're doing 1st week of Dec).

If they've announced cuts they need to get on with it. What is so hard to take is the DM's who imply or flat out say to reps who don't know any better, that what they do in the field these next few weeks makes a difference in their future. Sure it does. We've had enough Koolaid. Just be a human being, please.

If anyone knows a date of when (November, December, January) we will know, please tell everyone. People need time to get their resumes ready and start looking. Many live paycheck to paycheck. Some are single moms. Please help here.

If anyone knows a date of when (November, December, January) we will know, please tell everyone. People need time to get their resumes ready and start looking. Many live paycheck to paycheck. Some are single moms. Please help here.

How about being proactive and get the resume ready now. It’s obvious it is coming within the next couple of weeks.

I agree with the above poster. You should be proactive. If there are a lot of layoffs, you should get 60 days paid time due to WARN plus your severence. The time goes very quickly. Depending on where you are located, the job market could be weak in Pharma as well.

You can also be laid off while on vacation, which happened to me in the August layoffs. It was nice trying to control my emotions while visiting family. Classy move by AGN. I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else if they're with family around Thanksgiving.

You can also be laid off while on vacation, which happened to me in the August layoffs. It was nice trying to control my emotions while visiting family. Classy move by AGN. I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else if they're with family around Thanksgiving.

I don't care if it's at Thanksgiving, Christmas or next year. They need to tell us on the 11/28 update that it's happening soon so we don't have to wait. Anything else is bullshit.

Rest assured that we are just a number to any company. They do not care if you're at work or on vacation with family when they lay you off because that is business. They already know who they are cutting. I have 11 days of PTO. Think I'm going to work hard and not take every one of these days off to find a new job so we can get our bonuses? Guess again. Screw all of the young DM's who know nothing. Everyone who has left this company is getting paid more and are glad they left.