The simple truth

Anonymous

There's an interesting editorial in Pharmalot this week, by Pharmaceutical Business Research Associates president Daniel Hoffman. In it, he suggests that mass layoffs have changed pharma companies for the worse...perhaps irrevocably...by depriving them of their most flexible and creative employees.

As he puts it, "the dishonest and unfair approaches the industry has taken to downsizing have left it with many people who are small-minded, politically savvy and safe playing....

There's an interesting editorial in Pharmalot this week, by Pharmaceutical Business Research Associates president Daniel Hoffman. In it, he suggests that mass layoffs have changed pharma companies for the worse...perhaps irrevocably...by depriving them of their most flexible and creative employees.

As he puts it, "the dishonest and unfair approaches the industry has taken to downsizing have left it with many people who are small-minded, politically savvy and safe playing....

I agree! As we all know the greatly diminished office access and pharma reps becoming a running joke has nothing to do with the massive expansions of circa 1997-2000. We need even more incompetent, call faking, overpaid dimwits!

Fucking moron.

This is an excellent article. Just take a look around at AZ. Look how many "senior" people left at AZ. Just a handful at most, especially in sales. As the article points out, management has totally screwed up and doesn't even realize it.

This is an excellent article. Just take a look around at AZ. Look how many "senior" people left at AZ. Just a handful at most, especially in sales. As the article points out, management has totally screwed up and doesn't even realize it.

I think that is the point. The people remaining are the ones he is describing. Outwit - Outplay - Outlast. Survivor.

if we surround ourselves by like minded r*****s we think its all good.

az is a clown operation it all is a reflection of the types at the ASD and above levels. they just collect paychecks and ride this merry-go-round until it breaks

nobody will tell them the process and people are broken because everyone is on the lam

if we surround ourselves by like minded r*****s we think its all good.

az is a clown operation it all is a reflection of the types at the ASD and above levels. they just collect paychecks and ride this merry-go-round until it breaks

nobody will tell them the process and people are broken because everyone is on the lam

So true. How many Sr. Sales leaders have left over the last 5 years? More specifically, how many have left on there own for similar positions? Other companies do not want our so called leaders.

So true. How many Sr. Sales leaders have left over the last 5 years? More specifically, how many have left on there own for similar positions? Other companies do not want our so called leaders.
Not the ones that are left. Ask yourself a question, If you owned a company, would you hire any of these ass clowns? Most of them know it too which is why they stay on in this caustic culture because they have no place to go where they can earn anything close to their current pay and benefits.
So they watch the calendar hoping they make it to a reasonable retirement age. What an unfortunate way to live out your life. The good ones who could got out within the last 5 years and the general theme was, with Tilton as VP of sales, only the toadies would remain within a few years. Well it has all come true and a once great sales organization is a mere shell.

Oh well...when I signed on it was assuming this gig would be temporary anyway. Pay down my cc bills and sock away some money. If you look at this job as more than it is, you will be very frustrated.

Not the ones that are left. Ask yourself a question, If you owned a company, would you hire any of these ass clowns? Most of them know it too which is why they stay on in this caustic culture because they have no place to go where they can earn anything close to their current pay and benefits.
So they watch the calendar hoping they make it to a reasonable retirement age. What an unfortunate way to live out your life. The good ones who could got out within the last 5 years and the general theme was, with Tilton as VP of sales, only the toadies would remain within a few years. Well it has all come true and a once great sales organization is a mere shell.
This post is spot on. Four years ago I had an RSD who got on stage in front of the entire sales force and made a complete sales presentation using a complex clinical reprint entirely from memory with no marketing slides or sales aids. Then at the same meeting he challenged one of the brand teams to listen to the PSSs instead of consultants. He basically told them that their current sales aids were crap. Of course he left the company but imagine your current RSD doing this today. I know mine couldn't.

This post is spot on. Four years ago I had an RSD who got on stage in front of the entire sales force and made a complete sales presentation using a complex clinical reprint entirely from memory with no marketing slides or sales aids. Then at the same meeting he challenged one of the brand teams to listen to the PSSs instead of consultants. He basically told them that their current sales aids were crap. Of course he left the company but imagine your current RSD doing this today. I know mine couldn't.
Me thinks you were either drunk, dreaming, or in the wrong meeting. But if it is true then that explains why he is no longer with the company. This company is run by marketing people and nobody would get away with calling out their incompetence in front of other sales leaders. You want to talk about the kiss of death.

Originally Posted by Anonymous

Me thinks you were either drunk, dreaming, or in the wrong meeting. But if it is true then that explains why he is no longer with the company. This company is run by marketing people and nobody would get away with calling out their incompetence in front of other sales leaders. You want to talk about the kiss of death.

Both posts have a great deal of truth.

We are brand led and should be. Trouble is the brand team is full of people who left sales as a PSS. Or worse - were never in the field at all. They brief external resource who also never sold, who then create messages and test them in circumstances that guarantee answers - right or wrong. "Would you rather die in yor sleep or hang." Neither right now, but given a choice we'd rather die in our sleep.

Of course we then go out promoting dying in our sleep, when the customer wanted to live.

I sat in meetings where the brand team ignored sales input meeting after meeting while the sales share failed to meet expectations. Their confidence mnever missed a beat. They and never considered their shortcomings put us there.

They are totally engrossed in their own opinions. Not about winning. Look at the seroquel team, look at the symbicort team, look at the rest. Losers. "Who do you believe? Me or your own eyes?"

They are incredible. But soon thier performance will land them where they've driven us.

On the street.