The days of Ken and Barbie are coming to an end.

anonymous

Companies are realizing these people are useless.

The "soft" nature of medical sales today allows the real winners to rise into great pay.

The Ken and Barbie model is over.

By the way, if you know how to sell, NEVER get into a co-promotion or team selling situation. That should be obvious, but I want to point that out to the younger, hungry reps that want a career in sales. These situations allow the Ken and Barbie types to piggyback off of YOUR work and get promoted. Never allow that in your life, people to take advantage of your creativity and efforts.

<

I’ve been in the industry for 23 yrs and agree with a lot of what you said. The Ken and Barbie thing ended with the patent cliffs that led to massive layoffs over the past 10 or so years. In my opinion the best place to be is with a biotech selling a mab (easier to build a patent wall around a living organism as opposed to a chemically based compound) as an individual contributor.

I’ve been in the industry for 23 yrs and agree with a lot of what you said. The Ken and Barbie thing ended with the patent cliffs that led to massive layoffs over the past 10 or so years. In my opinion the best place to be is with a biotech selling a mab (easier to build a patent wall around a living organism as opposed to a chemically based compound) as an individual contributor.

great advice.
PODS just destroyed so much of my career and mindset. I did it for only about 5 years out of over 20+ in my career, and every year was terrible.

And the reason they did it was to have a system of "checks and balances" in the field.

I was the overachiever always in the PODS, while other reps just sat and watched the pro in action. I won't hire a reps that has too much POD experience these days because it shows that they don't understand business or don't value themselves or just don't care.

This should be a good warning to those that get after it everyday, to not let others (including lazy managers) take advantage of your work ethic. It happens a lot in the corporate world, and people need to be better educated about these scenarios that come up all the time.