Surgical Principals (SPI)

<

Run don't walk from this company. They only have 2 products worth selling. Management is poor at best. Their Medrep posting is pure fiction, you will never make what is promised and they will make sure of it . Baselines , quotas , compensation changes daily . You never know what is going on. You are micromanaged by people that are idiots and know nothing about sales or medical devices . Their sales force changes every 3-6 months. No credibility in the industry .

Above poster is right I don't know much about SPI other than they carry General Surgery/OB devices but if you need surg/OR experience stick it out with these surgical distributorships. they are easier to jump aboard on because theyre not corporate like, don't do extensive background check/references etc and are smaller and atleast give you the time to grow and get it and if you do youll atleast make good relationships and lots of potential for good coin. They usually carry a variety of generally good lines, pay a good guarantee for 3-6 months and are usually always hiring. team surgical is another one that's pretty well known..

If you are desperate then go for it. Just know going in that you will be frustrated and underpaid.
And forget it if you are female in Karl Keller's area. He is the most negative , rude , and deceptive person you will ever meet. He's the type of person that would hit you with his car and keep on driving .Or Bicycle!!!

If you are desperate and have no other options take a job with SPI. One step above unemployment. Crappy insurance that is so expensive that you can 't afford to insure your family. Hostile work environment . Unreasonable sales quotas. They hire police officers with no experience and Doctors that have lost their credentials because of drug use . They run the quality sales reps off. Management is very unprofessional and out of touch with the real world .
It 'a difficult gig. Turnover is high , the average lifespan of an SPI rep is. 3-6 months.

The RM in the central/ mountain region US is part of the problem with SPI. He thinks he is the seasoned sales professional. The ob/gyn that delivered his daughter won 't even see him anymore. When he rides with reps the docs ask that he not be brought in ever again. He is rude, abrasive , and pushy . No tact or finesse ever. He never smiles or has a positive thing to say . He could not sell lube to a transvestite!!!

SPI's MedRep posting implies that you will make 120k the first year and get mileage rembursement . Both are not true. You will be lucky to clear 70 and no mileage just 400 a month expenses , which will not even cover your gas much less any travel. They will nickel and dime you until you practically owe them money. The accounting changes daily . They run contests that nobody knows about or can even remotely win. Your DM will ask you when you are getting a new car when he knows you can't afford gas . The owner and managers are cruel and cut throat. They don 't care if you can 't make ends meet, just try harder and they will screw you more. They love to see people struggle . The owner has no problem showing you his car collection and taking you to eat crap pizza at training.

SPI is just a job. Not a career. Find something else in your life to make you happy . The owner and most of the managers are not happy people , they are little men that think they have power. None of them are well educated, not attractive , and have the personality of a stump.They were the dorky losers in high school- bad athletes, bad complexion, average mentality. They are lucky to have jobs. Most companies would not hire any of them. So they are going to ride this out as long as they can. So do your best knowing they will screw you at every turn, keep your resume out there , and go home and spend time with your family. They are the people that really count. You can 't take their shitty comments personally . Remember they hire donut eating cocaine users to represent their company . People are disposable to them. Always be ethical and honest , it won 't get you anywhere with SPI but will help you build a clientele and respect in the industry for your next position . Best of luck to you !

Yes, the owner specializes in hiring managers that have DWI's and Drug convictions, this way he can beat them because they can't leave. Product lines are problematic, quality issues, they don't recall products that should be, just sell them is the attitude. They say you can increase your earning by growing the business, this is short term, accounts you have earned become house accounts after 1 year. If you care about your reputation, this is not the company to represent, if you don't care about anything, go for it. No expenses covered, horrible health insurance, you drive you own car with all travel expenses out of your wallet/purse. You would be lucky to find a rep that has been working for SPI for over 2 years. Turn and burn.

Interesting comment about the managers. As far as I know, there are three managers there. GP has the DUI. Between TC and KK, who has the drug conviction? They all act so holier than thou.

Most of the time these posts are just people pissed off and full of s*%#. But I can honestly say there is no exaggeration to what has been posted. It is a terrible company with cheap knock off products... Recently there has been some serious product failures and still getting reps to push the products! Deception runs deep with them.... Good luck to those that are still there and looking for a way out. For those that are interviewing, you have been warned! MedRep post are not valid! Will never make that kind of money...never.

KK is clinically depressed . I think he rarely sleeps. He is the ultimate micromanager. He just oozes unhappiness. You want to feel sorry for him until he rakes you over the coals about something you did not even know about because he forgot to tell you. He sets you up to fail without knowing it? Or maybe he does?? He has a high rate of turnover and is constantly interviewing new people. It 's a very unfortunate situation.

What a sad situation for a company not identify a disgruntled manager. The CEO must be aware of the ramifications this could pose not only for the sales team and customer. It is only a matter of time before a change will be made if the company wants to remain profitable and grow the product portfolio and keep it's existing product lines!

Disgruntled means in a state of sulky dissatisfaction . The managers are not disgruntled, the sales people are.KK loves the power play of it all. He acts like he gets his ass chewed all the time because of poor sales in his area. He has poor sales because he hires the wrong people and micro manages the crap out of them. Ride alongs are miserable, he is impatient and wants to run the show all the time. You can 't take him anywhere fun to eat or just have a casual conversation with him. He has a very constipated demeanor. I can 't believe that Tim Wynn(CEO)can even stand to be around him. Not that Tim is a joy himself. All in all a very sad situation. A miserable way to live your life.

KK is not the person to work for if you are a woman . He has no respect for anyone without a dick. I tried to get along with him. I offered to blow him and he said he would think about it !! Anything to save my job. I thought a BJ would relax him and he would be more pleasant to work with . He just seems so lonely and unhappy. He made it so uncomfortable that I finally just quit.

Sadly, all the above are posted by one individual. I'm not going to comment on the company but I know the poster above. I also know each of the people he talks about above. Sadly the poster was fired in training and must have gone back to his 700000 a year Ortho position ... Really? You left that company for SPI?