• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Super Spreader NSM

It’s absolutely ridiculous on so many levels to have a live NSM. What happened to All for One Abbvie?!? What about the people on my team with pre-existing conditions and high risk family members. Should they all have to go and risk their health? It’s so irresponsible! Let’s tell all of our docs that we went to a 1500+ meeting and see how many want us in their offices. That is if we can even get down there. Traveling and flight cancellations is a nightmare right now. I heard the cosmetic meeting just went virtual. Holding out hope this does too

It’s absolutely ridiculous on so many levels to have a live NSM. What happened to All for One Abbvie?!? What about the people on my team with pre-existing conditions and high risk family members. Should they all have to go and risk their health? It’s so irresponsible! Let’s tell all of our docs that we went to a 1500+ meeting and see how many want us in their offices. That is if we can even get down there. Traveling and flight cancellations is a nightmare right now. I heard the cosmetic meeting just went virtual. Holding out hope this does too
My God! Not ridiculous on so many levels!!!!! Won’t anybody help us?!!!!!???? Where is my John Wayne Where is my prairie song Where is my happy ending Where have all the cowboys gone????!!!!!!

I did tell one of my physicians this was in the works and she went out of her mind. She was furious

We will go to the meeting. People will get sick there and while traveling home. They will pass it to others. That's how a pandemic works. Even if they switch to regional meetings, it will still happen. Not too hard to figure out.

Can't wait to see how many people come back sick. Won't be able to blame the unvaccinated. Your vaccines don't work to stop the spread.

At the NSM - more people will wake up hungover than sick. IF ya get it, ya get and you'll recover. Too many scared people under house arrest for the last 2+yrs. it's the F'ing COLD!!!

If you're that scared, and will likely NEVER leave your home again, then stay home and let the rest of us that are tired of these last 2yrs of fake, horseshit get back to work and some normalcy.

At the NSM - more people will wake up hungover than sick. IF ya get it, ya get and you'll recover. Too many scared people under house arrest for the last 2+yrs. it's the F'ing COLD!!!

If you're that scared, and will likely NEVER leave your home again, then stay home and let the rest of us that are tired of these last 2yrs of fake, horseshit get back to work and some normalcy.

My job is calling on drs, which I do. My job is not flying across country to mingle with thousands for the purpose of stroking egos. Pre Covid people got sick with the flu after NSM. I always thought it was stupid to have it during flu season anyway and now the peak of Omicron? its irresponsible.

Agree that we have to move on and live with it as best we can, but a national meting at a peak time doesn't help the company or family members exposed. Your argument that it's a cold is weak, my friend. 830,000 dead from "the cold"? It's not the plague and it's not a cold. Don't be a douchebag and minimize what has happened.

agree. It’s ridiculous because a NSM 1.is not critical or essential for success AND 2.) it’s easily done virtually. So many people are getting sick. Even vaccinated. It will become a super-spreader event for sure. If we are part of helping people be healthy and well, flying across the country and packing into a hotel for a week seems irresponsible to public health.

agree. It’s ridiculous because a NSM 1.is not critical or essential for success AND 2.) it’s easily done virtually. So many people are getting sick. Even vaccinated. It will become a super-spreader event for sure. If we are part of helping people be healthy and well, flying across the country and packing into a hotel for a week seems irresponsible to public health.

Quit your whining and accept the terms of your employment and your job! This is why we pay you.

If we get sick at the meeting, does the company then have us stay at the hotel in quarantine for 10 days until we test negative? Kinda curious about this because some people will have Covid and I'd love to know what the plan is to do with them. They can't put them on a plane home.

If we get sick at the meeting, does the company then have us stay at the hotel in quarantine for 10 days until we test negative? Kinda curious about this because some people will have Covid and I'd love to know what the plan is to do with them. They can't put them on a plane home.

you dont need a covid test for domestic travel. just hold it together until you get home and then you can go back to laying on the couch all day