• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Soooo...how much do you make?

<

Being that you are an internal - moving into specialty will only give you a modest bump (there is a limit on how much they can give you per HR - based on your level). Which is BS because they offered Vertex $120,000 with $20,000 signing bonuses. Oh - and if you are already in a "specialty" franchise you will get no raise at all - lateral move. The only way to really increase your base is to go to another company. Since I am in the HCV franchise, and Harvoni just got FDA approval for 8 weeks at $63,000 (most providers will write it off label because the price is so cheap and they are getting 2 DAA's - they'll chance it on relapse - just like every provider did for Sim Sof and "claimed" all their patients were interferon intolerant), I will need to be looking for another job soon. We are Fu$&ed - pure and simple! Plus, this franchise is run horribly - every thing this franchise has come out with has been a lie and a disaster as far as training, execution, and follow through. I can only imagine how horrific the 3D launch will be. It will get fu$&ed up like everything else. It's gonna be an ugly ride ahead of us....start looking for another gig now while you still have your dignity!

I really appreciate your response. I'm not specialty. I hadn't heard things are bad in HCV. I heard they might be expanding the sales force and I was considering going for a position if there's one in my area. I was hired as a level 3 8 years ago and am a 4 now but didn't get much of a raise (5%) and there's nowhere to go. Even with the merit increase each year I've gone from a $65k base to a $90k one, though, so it adds up over time. I've just always wondered what other people's bases are. I don't want to switch companies but sure would love an increase!

Being that you are an internal - moving into specialty will only give you a modest bump (there is a limit on how much they can give you per HR - based on your level). Which is BS because they offered Vertex $120,000 with $20,000 signing bonuses. Oh - and if you are already in a "specialty" franchise you will get no raise at all - lateral move. The only way to really increase your base is to go to another company. Since I am in the HCV franchise, and Harvoni just got FDA approval for 8 weeks at $63,000 (most providers will write it off label because the price is so cheap and they are getting 2 DAA's - they'll chance it on relapse - just like every provider did for Sim Sof and "claimed" all their patients were interferon intolerant), I will need to be looking for another job soon. We are Fu$&ed - pure and simple! Plus, this franchise is run horribly - every thing this franchise has come out with has been a lie and a disaster as far as training, execution, and follow through. I can only imagine how horrific the 3D launch will be. It will get fu$&ed up like everything else. It's gonna be an ugly ride ahead of us....start looking for another gig now while you still have your dignity!

You can blame JW and SM for the poor leadership. PC mindset and not opened to change.

Jeez..... some of your salaries seem pretty high. I only make $92K.
But then again, I am retired, and that is my delightful pension!
Stick around if you can; it's worth it.

Spoke to one of my providers. He did trial work Solvaldi and Harvoni. Out of trial patients and regular patients about 200 he has had only 1 relapse. He said just becuase we have 3DAA's and Ribo and Ritonovir does not make us more potent. We are in for a dog fight. Let's hope managed care steps it up.

Spoke to one of my providers. He did trial work Solvaldi and Harvoni. Out of trial patients and regular patients about 200 he has had only 1 relapse. He said just becuase we have 3DAA's and Ribo and Ritonovir does not make us more potent. We are in for a dog fight. Let's hope managed care steps it up.

He's correct. The potency of a HCV regimen has nothing to do with the number of drugs. It has to do with the amount of viral load decay that can be achieved. I think the 3DAA messaging is faulty. We can't claim our results are better than Gilead's. Why else would we need Ritonavir and RBV? Look at PEARL-4. 90% in GT1a naives without RBV. Harvoni was 99% in ION-1, only one relapse in the 12 week, no RBV arm.

So what was your response to the Provider when he told you 3D is not more potent than Harvoni?