• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

someone seriously out to lunch on Lilly board

""We all know they can't buy us, but we could merge and the LLY people could be the ones more likely to stay while Gilead people cash out. Who really wants to be in this industry? Indy is a better city and their business leaders are better. Our scientists are better, so hopefully a few of them stick around. I like the combination, actually.""

you, I mean they literally bought all their drugs from Ray Schinazi and ripped him off in the process. They should have made him Chief of something!!! Like chief of research or chief of the company!

Ray has his hands in many different pots including his own companies- does that mean he's ripping off his university? He makes his own choices and rest assured, Ray is in good shape.

Did someone call? John C. Lechleiter Here. Should be anytime now....Your stock will tank over the idenix "situation" and we will scoop you guys up for pennies on the ole proverbial dollar.

Man, how could you screw it up that bad....buying stolen IP?!?!?! Didn't you even to a quick Patent search. I mean get real guys...Its so plainly obvious that Idenix invented this stuff like 3 years before Pharmasett. We are not taking even one of your legal staff to Indiana. Not one.

Man this LLY stuff is out of control. Is this really happening? No, it's not. Lilly doesn't want to buy us. Are you kidding me, talk about a gamble at this point.

Yup, but you don't understand...They are paying LLY to take this company (not the other way around). That will compensate for some of the risks, and there will be "some" value left in the company.

This guy gets it. It doesn't matter about market cap and all that shizzle.

listen, I'm starting to hear rumors that something isn't kosher in Foster City. Please up the level of clues to us morons - I still need help understanding whats going on. From my perspective we are hitting on all cylinders but I have "sources" that tell me something Bad is starting to smell up this place. I just wish I hadn't lost my nose in that lawn mower accident-so please help me out here...