• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

someone seriously out to lunch on Lilly board

Anonymous

see below:
I heard that we are looking to possibly merge with this company. They have a new drug coming out for Hep C as well as HIV- a merger would be synergistic with our pipeline. The stock has been taking a beating and if this does happen Lilly will be able to purchase it on the cheap! Many ex- Lilly is in the company management structure. This looks like a win-win for both companies!

Feeling Blessed and very excited about this possibility!

Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD ) has gotten a crucial nod for its Vitekta treatment. The company announced that the European Commission -- the executive arm of the European Union -- has granted marketing authorization for the drug. The approval is for two doses, 85 milligrams and 150 milligrams, both of which are offered in tablet form.

Vitekta belongs to a class of treatments called integrase inhibitors and is used in combination with other compounds to suppress HIV. It works by interfering "with HIV replication by blocking the virus from integrating into the genetic material of human cells," in Gilead's words. The company added that in clinical trials, Vitekta effectively suppressed HIV in patients carrying drug-resistant strands of the virus.

In spite of the positive news, Gilead's stock price fell in the wake of the announcement. The shares dropped by 1.3%, or $0.92, to

We all know they can't buy us, but we could merge and the LLY people could be the ones more likely to stay while Gilead people cash out. Who really wants to be in this industry? Indy is a better city and their business leaders are better. Our scientists are better, so hopefully a few of them stick around. I like the combination, actually.

Is this a joke? The Gilead and Lilly corporate culture are completely different. I just don't see this ever happening. There is no upside for Gilead to merge with Lilly.

I can believe it, especially after what happens with the whole Sofosbuvir disaster.

This is copied from the first message: I think he is talking from a reference somewhere in the future when Gilead's stock starts to tank!!!

"The stock has been taking a beating and if this does happen Lilly will be able to purchase it on the cheap!"

""We all know they can't buy us, but we could merge and the LLY people could be the ones more likely to stay while Gilead people cash out. Who really wants to be in this industry? Indy is a better city and their business leaders are better. Our scientists are better, so hopefully a few of them stick around. I like the combination, actually.""

you, I mean they literally bought all their drugs from Ray Schinazi and ripped him off in the process. They should have made him Chief of something!!! Like chief of research or chief of the company!

This is copied from the first message: I think he is talking from a reference somewhere in the future when Gilead's stock starts to tank!!!

"The stock has been taking a beating and if this does happen Lilly will be able to purchase it on the cheap!"

The name Eli Lilly and Company name will be kept as Gilead becomes part of the and company.