Social media policy

Anonymous

It may have gone unnoticed like most HQ pronouncements but if you read the new policy, the first thing you should have done is remove AZ as your employer if you had this as part of the info section in your profile.

You don't really need it anyway because there may be what - 2-3 people - that you really want in your universe. It's not like you are looking for old members of your 47 person training class. Read the policy. Delete your employer info.

It may have gone unnoticed like most HQ pronouncements but if you read the new policy, the first thing you should have done is remove AZ as your employer if you had this as part of the info section in your profile.

You don't really need it anyway because there may be what - 2-3 people - that you really want in your universe. It's not like you are looking for old members of your 47 person training class. Read the policy. Delete your employer info.

for what? Facebook? Linked in?

Yes - just remember anything you say or write while having your employer listed in your profile implies that you are speaking on behalf of or with knowledge of the employer. You are an agent of AZ. It is in our company manual. That is why you can't make a comment in FB chat to a friend like "work is a drag and you should be glad you got out when you did".

Hahaha. I wonder what this friend quiz says...let's spend ungodly amounts of money on virtual meetings where we emphasize work-life balance?

Really, though. You should read the policy. As we get into the season of layoffs, any good reason like social media is a perfect one to let you go. It may seem trivial, but remove it from every form of social media you have to protect yourself. And though this may seem dumb (as most aspects of this job are), you might want to read through it sooner rather than later because you can't claim ignorance on this topic. There's been a lot of cases go to trial and employers have one, it's not falling under free speech, per the U.S. court system.

Really, this is at will country and they don't have to give any reason. Lame ass reasons on social media. Freedom of speech. I'm tired of hearing all the fucking rules this company rolls out that only serve one purpose is to burden the employees with perpetual bullshit to try and keep straight. If they don't like my performance fine pay me to leave. Finding a reason on some facebook account or linkedin is my own doing and maybe if they treated us better we'd post positive things. I'm not going to hold my breath, the leadership here is just awful and self centered. Self preservation, only about me and where I'm going. It's about time the board cleans house up top because this company can't fix what they've formed in the last year.

But what about my locked chat room? Only my fraternity brothers have access and really, the only thing I've downloaded are videos from BEMs that I captured with my cellphone. I also took a few pictures of TSi screens so that some of the brothers that work at other pharma companies can see just how innovative our brand team is. I love working at AZ. Everything is so secure, so we don't have anything to worry about. It took a full 2 days for a few of our other alumni IT brothers to hack the admin code and partition the hard drive so that I can freely surf the internet under the grid. I told him not to post how he did it so we're cool. As soon as he's done with my DSMs computer, he promised to shred his codes.

Should I unfriend all my AZ buddies. Will it still list me in their friend profiles? I remember getting to see a list of AZ folks that I could friend and how many friends we had in common.

For your own safety, just remove the word AstraZeneca from LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Yammer (even if it is company sanctioned), and any other form of social media tool in any profile, screen name or any other source. The policy indicates you are to NOT use your firstname.lastname@astrazeneca.com email as a means of logging onto any of your accounts. It's just a matter if when, not if, you get into trouble for having something on there.

For your own safety, just remove the word AstraZeneca from LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Yammer (even if it is company sanctioned), and any other form of social media tool in any profile, screen name or any other source. The policy indicates you are to NOT use your firstname.lastname@astrazeneca.com email as a means of logging onto any of your accounts. It's just a matter if when, not if, you get into trouble for having something on there.

Also, do not mention the company when talking to friends or family, do not mention AZ when speaking on cell phones, conversing with your spouse, using twitter. Heck, just stay locked in your office at home and precall plan. All other social activities are banned.

The U.S. Constitution and AZ Corporate Policy are not compatible. My social life is none of your business assholes. In court, they would have to prove harm.

Also, do not mention the company when talking to friends or family, do not mention AZ when speaking on cell phones, conversing with your spouse, using twitter. Heck, just stay locked in your office at home and precall plan. All other social activities are banned.

The U.S. Constitution and AZ Corporate Policy are not compatible. My social life is none of your business assholes. In court, they would have to prove harm.

Or they can simply look for other reasons to fire you which is done every day.

Wrong asshole. Your posts on a social website or forum are AZ property if you have identified yourself as a member of AZ in your profile. You are an AGENT of the company. You waived your rights when you cashed your check. Read the policy dumbass.