• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

So Who's leaving Pegasys?

OK Ronnie B, whatever. DC is a perfect fit for Gilead, your just jealous you didn't get the job. Everyone knew what was being discussed at the meeting, if you went there to think anything was new, you're living a bad dream. He was checked out prior to going to the meeting at least mentally, for whatever reason, decided to go and continue to be the a.. that is always has been. Adios

Why the hate? It's not an exaggeration to say that the Pegasys franchise is a sinking ship, with no more than 12 months before it is completely under water. The man received a very nice job offer from a hot company, and waited until the last possible moment before he committed.

I commend him for getting ALL of the information, and making an informed decision. Folks, the bottomline is that some of us will find other jobs within Genentech, but most will not. DC did exactly what you wish that you could do. As I said, its not like he showed up and shouted to the rafters that he was leave. He did not disrupt the meeting at all, and 99.9% of the people had no idea. I say bravo to DC. Thanks for being one of the indisputable top performers (EVERY YEAR) for this company, and ggod luck with your exciting new opportunity. PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE JEALOUS HATERS!