• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

So how long are we going to be out of the field?

It will take courage, but every pharma has a plan to reduce. You are a component of the marketing machine. Not sales, since you sign no contracts - collect no monies of any kind.

this is a great gig and has been for some time. that time is closing quickly.

I see a move to AE roles - creating a more sophisitcated field marketer. no more skilltles and hot coffee, but a highly competent, focused marketer withe specific acct responsibilities.

who will blink first. no idea.

for now - do you work to the best of your ability and move to the next level when the change comes. it will come. has to.

Will there be more layoffs since so many have been out of the field so long? I feel like they have to be losing money

great question. It’s hard to believe so many companies were paying salaries, bonuses, car, insurance, etc. for months while everyone has been home. Be greatful. This shows the deep pockets they have, and it’s so great what many of these companies have done during the past months. As for the future, I have no idea as the offices look grim on their policies

great question. It’s hard to believe so many companies were paying salaries, bonuses, car, insurance, etc. for months while everyone has been home. Be greatful. This shows the deep pockets they have, and it’s so great what many of these companies have done during the past months. As for the future, I have no idea as the offices look grim on their policies

meh... not too many offices have majorly changed policies and I’m in a state that’s shut down due to crazy Covid increases.

Most obgyns are not allowing reps. They’re not even letting pregnant patients bring in their spouse or guests to appointments anymore.

this is similar in immunology as well. No guests allowed with patients, no patients allowed in the waiting room. Call before entering the office door and the office will let the patient know if they can enter the office to be taken back to the exam room. Even if they send us back to work I won’t have a single doctor to visit in person for a very long time. Many offices have also enjoyed a break from all the sales reps.

90% virtual? haha you are clueless. Probably depends on the specialty though. Patients want face to face contact and the technology for virtual is currently not good- combine the two and not much uptake. I'm in the Midwest- I've talked to reps at Novartis and Lilly both are back in the field. Also my SP rep is back in the field. No office has said they are closing doors to reps (that were open before)- some aren't ready to have reps back but will soon. I'm sure a few offices that we used to see will shut down but it wont be the norm. Offices that enjoy or want reps will still crave that interaction.

"Riots is the voice of the unheard"

God bless you all and stay safe.

“Your” SP rep? Partnering with any SP rep...big no no but everybody does it. I love my TN SP rep! She gives cash not gift cards to us pharma reps as “thank you” if we ask office to use them and every script sent to them I get $50. She’s been around for years and knows how to get it done. Easy untraceable cash. She is making lots of money and I’m always over goal so win win! Find the SP reps, they pay cash or gift cards, especially new ones have more money to throw around.

“Your” SP rep? Partnering with any SP rep...big no no but everybody does it. I love my TN SP rep! She gives cash not gift cards to us pharma reps as “thank you” if we ask office to use them and every script sent to them I get $50. She’s been around for years and knows how to get it done. Easy untraceable cash. She is making lots of money and I’m always over goal so win win! Find the SP reps, they pay cash or gift cards, especially new ones have more money to throw around.

SP reps pay $. Be their buddy. Especially in South region $$$.

this is similar in immunology as well. No guests allowed with patients, no patients allowed in the waiting room. Call before entering the office door and the office will let the patient know if they can enter the office to be taken back to the exam room. Even if they send us back to work I won’t have a single doctor to visit in person for a very long time. Many offices have also enjoyed a break from all the sales reps.

I call only on Rheumatology. Poor access to begin with...I would say can see/sample/lunch 40% of my accounts with something. Now I would say its 30%- I was surprised that of that 40% most are pretty much unchanged. I don't even have to wear a mask in most of them.

Offices that didn't want to see sales reps will continue to not want to see reps. But plenty of offices do want to see reps for one reason or another, I'm not seeing those offices change much. Offices in general are going back to normal as even the healthcare systems know that the response to Covid was way overkill. Its just not as bad as they predicted despite what the news keeps telling you. Hospitalizations are down everywhere and nationally census is around 63% with ICU census at 61%- the whole reason for "bending the curve" was to reduce hospitalizations. Which has never spiked (anywhere including NYC) to levels that couldn't be handled.

I call only on Rheumatology. Poor access to begin with...I would say can see/sample/lunch 40% of my accounts with something. Now I would say its 30%- I was surprised that of that 40% most are pretty much unchanged. I don't even have to wear a mask in most of them.

Offices that didn't want to see sales reps will continue to not want to see reps. But plenty of offices do want to see reps for one reason or another, I'm not seeing those offices change much. Offices in general are going back to normal as even the healthcare systems know that the response to Covid was way overkill. Its just not as bad as they predicted despite what the news keeps telling you. Hospitalizations are down everywhere and nationally census is around 63% with ICU census at 61%- the whole reason for "bending the curve" was to reduce hospitalizations. Which has never spiked (anywhere including NYC) to levels that couldn't be handled.
It wasn’t that bad because people and companies took it seriously and maintained social distancing and wore masks. If people went about their lives as normal and attended big indoor events you would see huge spikes. Even now, Florida has some hospital ICUs over capacity. The response was not overkill.