Short term disability

anonymous

Has anyone ever filed for short term disability? How does it work? I would love to get 3-6 months of paid time off any from this terrible industry and use that time to try and find something else to do.

How much do companies pay if you qualify?

<

Expect most of the Big Pharma companies to fight you tooth and nail on your claim,
unless you are basically half dead, or half really good documentation of a nervous breakdown…

this industry is as mean as they get...

Reactions: Helen Mirren

I had a serious medical condition and was on pain killers and my doc wrote that I could not drive while on the pain meds and the STD still didn't get approved. Went through 9 months of appeals with the insurance company and ended up owing money back to my company for the time I took off. The whole thing was so stressful...I would never recommend it. Not worth it. I ended up quitting 2 years later due to poor health. My advice, save some $, try and find a new job, quit this industry before it sucks the life out of you!
Best wishes for 2016

Reactions: Helen Mirren

I had a serious medical condition and was on pain killers and my doc wrote that I could not drive while on the pain meds and the STD still didn't get approved. Went through 9 months of appeals with the insurance company and ended up owing money back to my company for the time I took off. The whole thing was so stressful...I would never recommend it. Not worth it. I ended up quitting 2 years later due to poor health. My advice, save some $, try and find a new job, quit this industry before it sucks the life out of you!
Best wishes for 2016

good post...the industry will absolutely send you hurling toward a nervous breakdown if you do it long enough...I got out with my sanity, but just barely...

I did it. 3 months. Just get the proper documentation and you will be fine.Come back for at least a day so you don't have to pay back medical insurance.

Bottom line for you is, 60-70% pay, no bonuses. Just need good medical records from your doc. No one from management is allowed to call you.

Or take a whole year off!
Get terminated, draw unemployment insurance, rest and regather all your marbles.

After the initial shock settled in, I LOVED it and truly healed. I shook the dust from my feet, distanced myself from former co-workers, un-linkd or rejected requests to link and eventually repositioned myself in another industry. By month 10 I was ready to get out from under the covers.

Yes, the industry will rape your mind and soul if you let it. Don't. Get even. Get fired.

I did it. 3 months. Just get the proper documentation and you will be fine.Come back for at least a day so you don't have to pay back medical insurance.

Bottom line for you is, 60-70% pay, no bonuses. Just need good medical records from your doc. No one from management is allowed to call you.

I know someone who did it as well. 22 weeks is as long as you can take. You only need a Dr to put you on medical leave w/ providing accurate medical notes every time you are seen. The first 8 weeks, you get 100% pay. Then weeks 9 - 22, 70% of pay with no bonuses. Above poster is correct. Management are not allowed to contact you! Good luck looking for a new job!