• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Shire deal in trouble

<

What happened to the big speeches we just got two weeks ago where we all were told that inversion makes no difference, we buy anyway because it's a great product line and that's what we want. Was it more bullshit?

As Maverick said to Goose...."Engine one is out"......."Engine two is out and we're in a flat spin heading out to sea"......

Share price through the floor and falling - fun times.

this is a potential nightmare for us. the deal included a $1.6 BILLION termination fee to be paid to shire if we walk away from the deal. if the company has to pay $1.6b, it will definitely cut costs in other areas to recoup, i.e. job cuts. not to mention the fact that there are already articles on Bloomberg naming abbvie as a potential acquisition target for Pfizer if the shire deal falls thru.

this is a potential nightmare for us. the deal included a $1.6 BILLION termination fee to be paid to shire if we walk away from the deal. if the company has to pay $1.6b, it will definitely cut costs in other areas to recoup, i.e. job cuts. not to mention the fact that there are already articles on Bloomberg naming abbvie as a potential acquisition target for Pfizer if the shire deal falls thru.

Well, it's clear that Ireland doesn't want you. Game over. I couldn't be more happy to see this bs fail. Just one more nail in your coffin ShabbVie!! Thank you Dick Durbin and thank you, my lucky leprecaun for shutting this Shabbieass white collar scam down. Everyday, it just gets better 'n better. And the extra lucky people at Shire have been saved from you and your penal colony.

http://lat.ms/ZsO51h