Severance Package

I know people that were told no and were directed to the FAQ document and the severance policy.

Was this for external jobs outside of Takeda? If it was for a Takeda job, then they would not get severance if hired before 6.1.19. FAQ document says if you find a job outside of Takeda your eligibility for the severance package depends on the specific situation and to contact ERC.

I emailed ERC and called, both said starting before 6/1 would not impact the severance package other than changing the IC amount for FQ1. However, not notifying them could jeopardize the severance package if they were to find out.

I emailed ERC and called, both said starting before 6/1 would not impact the severance package other than changing the IC amount for FQ1. However, not notifying them could jeopardize the severance package if they were to find out.

Wouldn't it be Q2? Weren't those laid off working in the field up until the end of Q1?

check out the 14 page takeda severance plan sent out with the latest packets, specifically, page 2, the fifth section, bullet point #2. It says: "Specifically,an otherwise eligible employee will not be entitled to Severance benefits if:
* The employee accepts a new position with any Employer or any affiliate...."

Why is that language in the severance document?

check out the 14 page takeda severance plan sent out with the latest packets, specifically, page 2, the fifth section, bullet point #2. It says: "Specifically,an otherwise eligible employee will not be entitled to Severance benefits if:

Benefits meaning healthcare...Right?

In the beginning of the document it states that Takeda will be referred to as “Employer” throughout the rest of the contract. They’re stating that if you take another position with Takeda, or a Takeda affiliate, you will not be eligible.

In the beginning of the document it states that Takeda will be referred to as “Employer” throughout the rest of the contract. They’re stating that if you take another position with Takeda, or a Takeda affiliate, you will not be eligible.

Ok,that makes sense. Legal mumbo jumbo. Would be much easier if they used words like: Takeda or any Takeda affiliate.

I was laid off in 2010. Paid through August then picked up my severance. A position opened in my old district and the manager asked me back. Hired the end of September. Got to keep my severance. They never asked for it back even though the paperwork stated I would have to pay it if hired back within 18 months. Laid off again in 2012. Paid through the WARN period even though I got another job within a few weeks. I also received my full severance.

As much as these payouts mean to us, they mean very little financially to Takeda. They are happy to pay them out and it’s the right thing to do. I wish all my friends at Takeda good luck. There is light at the end of the tunnel and you will be alright.

I think I know who you are (JL), not all of us have direct contact with the head guy in Japan like you do. You were worthless in 2010 as well as 2012, and I'm pretty sure you're still worthless today. You're the perfect reson why the pharma industry has come to what it is today