Severance Package

anonymous

I left Takeda a little while ago, sorry to hear about my former colleagues who didn’t survive the layoff. Was the severance package any good so people could survive?

If you’re going to respond with a joke about what the severence package is, please make it funny.

<

Takeda reps got 2 weeks severance for every year worked and Shire reps got 3 weeks for every year. They also paid out until 6/1 (2 months paid) in addition to the severance.

Takeda reps with 8 years got the identical number of weeks payout as a Shire rep with 8 years. Anyone with less than 8 years with Takeda made out better then Shire reps with less then 8 years of service. The Takeda reps with more then 8 years of service got fewer weeks of pay then the Shire reps with the equivalent number of years of service. Tenured Takeda reps got the raw end of the deal because your medical benefits also run the duration of your package.

Takeda reps with 8 years got the identical number of weeks payout as a Shire rep with 8 years. Anyone with less than 8 years with Takeda made out better then Shire reps with less then 8 years of service. The Takeda reps with more then 8 years of service got fewer weeks of pay then the Shire reps with the equivalent number of years of service. Tenured Takeda reps got the raw end of the deal because your medical benefits also run the duration of your package.

This is absolutely not true.

Thanks for the information, just as I suspected

Damn! Sounds like horrible packages. I was let go in the 2010 downsizing and I got 48 weeks with health benefits included for that entire time. So sad to see what this company has turned into. Sorry for those of you that were let go.

There is hope. You will find another job in this industry if you want to. Good luck to all.

Shire's package was so much better it's no surprise they retained more of them. They had higher salaries then us and their pay out would of been greater then us with more tenure. Shire is used to being spoiled and about to get a reality check. I heard 10 resigned today from legacy shire after enjoying vegas and many many more to come. Takeda was smart to keep Shire, make them hate it here more and resign and not have to pay a severance.

Shire's package was so much better it's no surprise they retained more of them. They had higher salaries then us and their pay out would of been greater then us with more tenure. Shire is used to being spoiled and about to get a reality check. I heard 10 resigned today from legacy shire after enjoying vegas and many many more to come. Takeda was smart to keep Shire, make them hate it here more and resign and not have to pay a severance.

So you admit to working at a shit company nobody wants to be a part of?